start commercial diving center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thx Phoenix for what u provide me with, and then im sorry if it seems like im pushing.

the idea im pushing coz i want to bring this work or project to life...
yes i know i should take it step by step, and i will try not to blow everything by rushing.

im just trying to do something in my life i like
i dont know, maybe im rushing and thats wrong

but planning for this project need a hell of things
all i know is i should start with the feasability study and this is a hell of work too, i need to go from a place to another, getting papers and prices, find a good manger for this work, find divers...

i mean there is a lot of work to do
thats why im trying to take it steps

but i also know that there is people like you can help me in this, i dont mean physical help but with discussing the whole issue together

right
any way thx alot

also in regards to your comment to Rob

A Diving Center op IS a facility that trains divers and sells gear etc
to recreational divers

a Commercial dive operation does exactly that, conducts commercial diving, underwater welding/drilling, cleaning etc, that kind of center would be subject to alot more restrictions with alot lower interest, i think a diving center is what you have in mind

yes Phoenix its a simple diving center as u said

so guys
any new thoughts or comments....

sailorB once bubbled...
so guys
any new thoughts or comments....
Actually, the same thoughts apply.

A SCUBA diver needs:
regulator
tank
BC
mask
fins

A SCUBA diver may need:
exposure suit
light

A dive center needs:
shelter for equipment
compressor(s) and tank filling capabilities (or access to)
equipment maintenance capabilities (or access to)
enough rental gear
enough sales inventory
people to work

A dive center may need:
boat(s)
ground vehicle(s)
instructing facility
people to make the above things operate

Translating all of these needs into model numbers and quantities is very much a local thing. There is no universal answer.

The dive sites and type of diving will dictate the type of gear.

The number of divers will dictate the quantities and in some cases capacities.

If you are looking for someone to tell you need X number of medium wetsuits and Y number of large wetsuits, you are going to be disappointed.

really guys thst s was good for now,
i got what you mean about the quantity , but what about the quality do i have to choose certine kind of trade marks

another thing, a friend told me u should buy:

-SCUABPRO GLIDE 500 BCD
-SCUABPRO MK2/R190
-R190 OCTOPUS
-UWATEC TRIPLE CONSOLE
-STRAP FINS
-SILICONE MASK
-WETSUIT BOOTS
-PURGE SNORKELS
-WEIGHT BELT
-WEIGHTS (2KG)
-WETSUIT SHORTI
-ALADIN PRO COMPUTER
-12LTR TANK
- compressor
- shelter

do i need another thing

I don't think i would have computers for rental, unless you are familiar with the workings of that particular model you won't be able to make the most of it. I'd say that most divers who expect to use a computer would bring their own. On top of that you couldn't rent it to a second person untill several hours after the first because it will still be running the calculations for the previous dive, often untill the next day.

CC

sailorB once bubbled...
do i have to choose certine kind of trade marks

as far as what brand to buy that depends on what brands you will be selling at the dive center. You should begin contacting sales reps from the different manufacturers .That is why an earlier reply said to contact DEMA. Attending the convention would allow you to visit with all of them at the same time.You should definately learn to dive yourself that will give you a perspective you will get no other way.

Would you be a partner in a dive center, and dpent no money for that?!!

i think i dont have another question to ask except this...
i am ready to join one of you guys "IF YOU HAVE EXPERIANCE in running dive centers", on partnership or contract...

Do you think this will be better?

Hi,
If you are still in Egype, why not contact them. His name is Pako and wife is Susanne. They use to operate a dive center in Tioman, Malaysia. Now they are staying in Egypt (not sure which city) and doing somethig else other than diving. See if they can give you some info. I haven't contact them for a while. Donno if this email is still valid.

aminsusanne@hotmail.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom