stinky dry suit no very stinky

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Intrepid:
make a dryer, it works wonders.
great idea looks like it would work but the suit was at camp ie a ways away from civilisation, as uncle said you got not to notice.
Home now NOT nice :)

Put it in a bath full of fresh water and totally rinse the inside of it out. You can also use hand dishing washing liquid if needed as this wont harm anything.

When done empty it, stuff the boots with newspaper and hang upside down to dry in a warm place.

underwater daphne:
do dry suits usually stink?

"Usually" is a relative term.

On a multi-day, or during an unusually active period of diving, you can say they become a bit odiferous.

Its like sweating in a ziplock. For days. In the sun.

OK - quite odiferous.

K

Uncle Pug:
Well... I do have a dryer and I do put my suits on it... and it does keep them fresh smelling.

However for those extended times away from civilization you can air it out by turning the thing inside out for pete sake!!!

:D
lololol thanks for the help and advise

Mo2vation:
"Usually" is a relative term.

On a multi-day, or during an unusually active period of diving, you can say they become a bit odiferous.

Its like sweating in a ziplock. For days. In the sun.

OK - quite odiferous.

K

oh yeah, i didn't think of it that way. then they must get pretty stinky.

Uncle Pug:
Well... I do have a dryer and I do put my suits on it... and it does keep them fresh smelling.

However for those extended times away from civilization you can air it out by turning the thing inside out for pete sake!!!

:D
Yeah, I asked this question a while back and took UPs advice and built one, too. http://www.scubaboard.com/t54541-.html

LMAO - a p-valve. I'm a new diver and thought this was some type of valve/equipment that I wasn't aware of. Then I saw that later post LOL

Back
Top Bottom