stolen gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lobstah

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Got robbed, not happy. Some of my stuff is pretty specific so let me try posting it here for reference if someone comes across any of it on after market.

What is missing:
55 lbs halcyon doubles wing
40lbs halcyon doubles wing
GUTS backplate with DSS webbing (it is a bit longer than usual)
OMS STA with stainless steel buckles (was attached to backplate with no wing and with lead weights pressed in between)
singles reg: Apeks DS4 first stage, Apeks Tx50 primary (7 ft hose), Scubapro G250 (old model) backup (bungied), inflator hose + drysuit hose.
doubles reg (right post): Apeks DS4 first stage, Scubapro G250 primary (7ft hose) with blueish cover (very distinct), inflator
4 stage regs: 3 DS4, 1 DST, all second stages Apeks Tx40/XTX40/TX50.
400 ft Halcyon with very faint phone number on a handle
150ft spool with halcyon 3 ft sausage attached. Says "MACIEK" on top
100ft spool
40 ft spool
halcyon 40lbs liftbag with 'MACIEK" written on top
HOG 6 foot semiclosed sausage yellow with "MACIEK" on top and chainlink attached at the bottom with original plastic removed
XL jet fins with springstraps with phone number written in one of the slots
otter bay hood 9mm
deep see kevlar gloves
rock boots. quite used, size 9
wetsuit boots, O'Neal size 9
1 Look mask black
1 other mask
AL80 nice and shiny finish with no vis sticker
my freaking lovely compass which was the last piece of gear I had from my OWD class.

some of it was in an akona dive bag (half mesh) some of it in a OSH bin (black).

thanks for looking

Got robbed, not happy. Some of my stuff is pretty specific so let me try posting it here for reference if someone comes across any of it on after market.

What is missing:
55 lbs halcyon doubles wing
40lbs halcyon doubles wing
GUTS backplate with DSS webbing (it is a bit longer than usual)
OMS STA with stainless steel buckles (was attached to backplate with no wing and with lead weights pressed in between)
singles reg: Apeks DS4 first stage, Apeks Tx50 primary (7 ft hose), Scubapro G250 (old model) backup (bungied), inflator hose + drysuit hose.
doubles reg (right post): Apeks DS4 first stage, Scubapro G250 primary (7ft hose) with blueish cover (very distinct), inflator
4 stage regs: 3 DS4, 1 DST, all second stages Apeks Tx40/XTX40/TX50.
400 ft Halcyon with very faint phone number on a handle
150ft spool with halcyon 3 ft sausage attached. Says "MACIEK" on top
100ft spool
40 ft spool
halcyon 40lbs liftbag with 'MACIEK" written on top
HOG 6 foot semiclosed sausage yellow with "MACIEK" on top and chainlink attached at the bottom with original plastic removed
XL jet fins with springstraps with phone number written in one of the slots
otter bay hood 9mm
deep see kevlar gloves
rock boots. quite used, size 9
wetsuit boots, O'Neal size 9
1 Look mask black
1 other mask
AL80 nice and shiny finish with no vis sticker
my freaking lovely compass which was the last piece of gear I had from my OWD class.

some of it was in an akona dive bag (half mesh) some of it in a OSH bin (black).

thanks for looking

That really sick's Dude:shakehead: Do you have homeowners insurance:idk: Report it to them and see if they will help with the reimbursement.

Ouch! I'm sorry Marciek.

Someone just picked up some rotten Karma.

Good luck finding your equipment.

Oh, so sorry, Maciek. I'd recommend checking with all the pawnshops near where the stuff was stolen. That's how we recovered saddles we had stolen a number of years ago. Craigslist is good to watch, too.

Craiglist, Ebay, Local Pawn Shops & Dive stores. Check them all :wink: Sorry to hear about your loss. Where and how were these stolen?

Was your equip stolen on a dive trip or from your home or car?? Very curious. I've noticed that at Catalina, most divers are less concerned about security of their equipment. I've been considering getting equipment insurance through DAN and wondering if other people are doing this too.

Was stolen from the car parked on a street at hollywood

Local pawn shop checks is about the only thing you can do. You did report to the police, right? At least get it on paper so that maybe you might run into your gears in a pawn shop or something.

The Saudi Arabians had the right idea about chopping hands off thieves.

had all my gear stolen once right out of my garage while i was in the house sleeping.bought it back from a pawn shop two days later for $150

Ten years ago or so i had all my freediving gear stolen in Malibu-- not nearly the worth of scuba gear but at the time i was broke and feediving was my main escape from the city so I was enraged. I was at Matador state beach and I left the car for 15 minutes to check the water conditions and when i got back to the parking lot my window had been smashed and gearbag gone. I drove back to LA in shock, broken glass all over the car. This is one of the problems with scuba bumper stickers and such, that they advertise whats inside.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom