Stop the Madness!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Electric Zombie, thanks for the response. As I mentioned I was researching the gear that seems to be so popular. I have dove a Dacor Rig for years and I did notice what seemed like a strong similarity in the wing configuration. Prior to the rig I dove a number of other jackst style BC's but the rig was the first that really secured everything in a specific place. I have actually done a bunch of dives without a BC just using an old back pack and tank setup, now thats a boyancy control lesson. The gear discribed at the Halycion web site did seem to be purely technical in design, to me thats overhead environment or deep as it registers in my mind. Do you guys, and gals use this type of setup for recreational diving also? You know a kelp forest at 80 feet and the like? Just curious about other styles of diving.
Bill

A BP/Wing is for recreational AND technical diving. There seems to be a common misconception that a BP/Wing equates to technical diving. This is simply not the case. (Dive shops perpetuate this nonsense view so they can sell new divers jacket type BCs. "You don't want that, it's for technical diving!") However, the BP/Wing will do either type of diving equally well. It's really versitile and conveniant. Since your basic rig never changes, you get really familiar with how everything works. Most people try the system out, and then don't want to dive anything else afterwards.

Do some more research and try the BP/Wing out...I think you'll like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom