Stop the Madness!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyklon_300 once bubbled...
concerning the Poseidon BC erroneously contained references to overhead environments.

I was the first to respond and made a comment that simply suggested the poster *consider* a BP/W for these types of dives.

Yep, I deserve a horse whipping for making such outrageous remarks....with this kind of reaction, you new guys may have to figure this dive stuff out on your own in the future.

So you're the one to blame!

Alright, take off your belt and give yourself a good smacking!

Popeye once bubbled...

I know scores of people who've switched from BC to BP/W.

I don't know -anyone- who's switched back.

Anyone who's been here for a year or more does..

cyklon_300 once bubbled...
concerning the Poseidon BC erroneously contained references to overhead environments.

I was the first to respond and made a comment that simply suggested the poster *consider* a BP/W for these types of dives.

Yep, I deserve a horse whipping for making such outrageous remarks....with this kind of reaction, you new guys may have to figure this dive stuff out on your own in the future.

Of course you should be flogged. How inconsiderate of you to suggest that the poster consider something he's unlikely to have seen in his LDS.

You've really got your nerve..........

cornfed once bubbled...
I don't understand how explaining to someone why you think they are making a mistake isn't helping.

Saying, 'This is what I dive, and this is why, and why I don't dive the set up you are considering.’ is more effective than saying, 'Dude, You're making a mistake.'

The board can be a little adversarial at times

PhotoTJ once bubbled...

The board can be a little adversarial at times

LOL... TJ, this board is to tame it's painful...

PhotoTJ once bubbled...
Saying, 'This is what I dive, and this is why, and why I don't dive the set up you are considering.’ is more effective than saying, 'Dude, You're making a mistake.'
We did the former the first 5, 20 or 100 times. After that, mostly we mention the BP&W and if they're not so inclined to research the board on their own, well, they deserve to waste some money.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em think.

Roak

roakey once bubbled...

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em think.

Roak
Exactly. Remember, but what you think, and another horse, er, diver, thinks, are never going to dovetail in all aspects. Jacket works for me, plate for you. All things being equal, will either of us have more fun on a dive solely based on that?

No, because I'm comfortable and used to my jacket, and you're comfortable and used to your BP/W.

Pretty subjective!

PhotoTJ once bubbled...

Exactly. Remember, but what you think, and another horse, er, diver, thinks, are never going to dovetail in all aspects. Jacket works for me, plate for you. All things being equal, will either of us have more fun on a dive solely based on that?

No, because I'm comfortable and used to my jacket, and you're comfortable and used to your BP/W.

Pretty subjective!

Ever tried a BP&W?

I didn't care for it, which is why I still dive a jacket. It's entirely possible that it was not set up for my frame, or that that particular model didn't suit tall folks as well (6'3"), I 've only done the one time. (Demo gear.) I don't condemn the system, I just dive what is comfortable for me, at this time. I am still considering trying such a set up for rigging doubles, it seems sturdier for that purpose.

PhotoTJ once bubbled...
I didn't care for it, which is why I still dive a jacket. It's entirely possible that it was not set up for my frame, or that that particular model didn't suit tall folks as well (6'3"), I 've only done the one time. (Demo gear.) I don't condemn the system, I just dive what is comfortable for me, at this time. I am still considering trying such a set up for rigging doubles, it seems sturdier for that purpose.

Just curious. A lot of people think they're uncomfortable but have never tried one. By the way I'm 6'2" and don't have any problems with mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom