http://www.diveheart.org/

Stop the Sea Shepherd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How on earth do you get from "he is endangering the human race" to "if this persists the ocean will be all protected"? Lots of people don't like Watson or Sea Shepherd, but you make zero sense in your little rant here. The man is against the killing of whales. How the hell do you get from that to "no men in the ocean, ever"? The man is a sailor, for crying out loud! Disagree with his methods, even his anti-whaling stance but at least make a valid argument.

Watson is many things, A SAILOR is not one of them.

He is doing 2 things:

1) Actually hindering illegal whaling.
2) Publicising the fact that Japan is whaling.

His tactics work, the fact that we are having this conversation proves that his PR machine functions. So for the 2 reason above, I support him and his gang of crazy volunteer loons.

And let's not forget the video entertainment as well :D

mmm...whale
those bastards stop them from getting there full load they fell short by over 300 whales. Thats really going to drive the price up.

Actually, I think the Japanese should have harpooned the Ady Gil instead of ramming it. It's just an odd looking boat that they could have claimed mistaken identity.

LOL

R..

wow .. it's always that the whales are going to cease to exist, and we have to do something now to stop Japan to save them for our children's sake .. I say sensaional BS
... Please show me figures that support that claim

... the whales hunted are not endangered, and the whalers have the required permits to take as many as they do take, and that number does not put the population at risk.

That that requires the kind of grandstanding, risky, life threatening, sometimes illegal actions by anti whalers ... is beyond me
They are a fanatical group that endangers people because they think they are right

There are many fanatical groups in the world that think they are right and it's OK for others to suffer the consequences because ... "the ends justify the means" ... or ... "they brought this on themselves" ...

I do not agree with ANY of them

Last edited:
Sea Shepherd has caused, in the long run, far more whale deaths than would have occured had they not harrassed the Japanese. Who would give in to a bunch of smelly, incompetant hippies? I wouldn't.

And most SS supporters are massive hypocrites - gobbling down and wearing all sorts of animal products when they are moaning about whalers. Whaling is perfectly legal and the whales they are after are nowhere near endangered. Why is whaling any worse than farming the stuff the West eats? And then of course there is the distraction from fishing activities that are far worse than whaling - blue fin tuna for example.

Watson is an absolute moron.

I see your point.

A problem I have with Whaling is the technique, an explosive tipped harpoon.
It seems barbaric and who knows how much the whales suffer?

wow .. it's always that the whales are going to cease to exist, and we have to do something now to stop Japan to save them for our children's sake .. I say sensaional BS
... Please show me figures that support that claim

... the whales hunted are not endangered, and the whalers have the required permits to take as many as they do take, and that number does not put the population at risk.

That that requires the kind of grandstanding, risky, life threatening, sometimes illegal actions by anti whalers ... is beyond me
They are a fanatical group that endangers people because they think they are right

There are many fanatical groups in the world that think they are right and it's OK for others to suffer the consequences because ... "the ends justify the means" ... or ... "they brought this on themselves" ...

I do not agree with ANY of them

I see your point.

A problem I have with Whaling is the technique, an explosive tipped harpoon.
It seems barbaric and who knows how much the whales suffer?

Are you vegan? If not, you should read up on how the animal products you eat and use are obtained.

Basically unless you are vegan or only eat animals that die of old age or something like that, you are supporting cruelty to animals. It sucks when you realise that, but they are just so damn tasty.

Ghanguss ... valid concern, but I think it is less than the old traditional methods
and/but, Sas brings up a valid point too

I think missing most from all this anti whaling , is reasonableness

Ghanguss ... valid concern, but I think it is less than the old traditional methods
and/but, Sas brings up a valid point too

I think missing most from all this anti whaling , is reasonableness

IMHO, most true "anti" aren't reasonable, they're fanatical/radical.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom