Strategic use of the “Ignore List”

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why is this thread blank?
:D

No matter how great the joke is that you want to post, there's always someone else who's made it already. Damn you inventor for stealing my post:D Then again, maybe I can still make this joke as no-one in this thread would have seen your post anyway...

Context.

My mask is flooded. I can't see my SPG

I would love to see the Top 10 Ignore list.

that would be interesting..... :popcorn:

Also I think you should be able to see who's go you on ignore. just for fun... :D

What happens if I ignore myself? Would I be destined to permanent lurker status?:D

go try it and see... You'll get a chuckle out the response.

I have only ever put one person (maybe two) on ignore and they came off quite some time ago. At the time it REALLY helped my enjoyment of the board. I have since worked at honing my ability to ignore those members that I would otherwise want on ignore. That list is very short still but sometimes a member just rubs you the wrong way and you need to be able to not pay attention to their words.

This thread made me review my ignore list. There were three people on it, one I'd thought I took off a while ago based on input from mutual friends. I decided to return the other two to the "living" as well because I really couldn't remember any specific reason I placed them on the list. We'll see how that plays out.

I understand your desire to use the ignore list. I will again in the future if the need arises.

I have only ever put one person (maybe two) on ignore and they came off quite some time ago. At the time it REALLY helped my enjoyment of the board. I have since worked at honing my ability to ignore those members that I would otherwise want on ignore. That list is very short still but sometimes a member just rubs you the wrong way and you need to be able to not pay attention to their words.

I've only put one person on ignore.... I did it to stop their constant PM's in the hopes that when they PM'd me that the "YOUR PM HAS BEEN BLOCKED" type message would appear on their screen.

well... apparently it doesn't work that way... their PM's just go into the "bit bucket". (did a temp test putting someone else on ignore and having them PM me. I never got them but they never got a message they were on ignore, which was the whole intent of me doing it).

solution was to just fill up my inbox (which was almost full anyway) and they couldn't send me any more PM's. :D

I find life is so much nicer when certain persons are "ignored". Rather funny, one of my ignores (who fits your perfect description of always talking and never saying anything) posted here already.

Yes Lynne, seeing a quoted post from an ignored person is frustrating.

I find life is so much nicer when certain persons are "ignored". Rather funny, one of my ignores (who fits your perfect description of always talking and never saying anything) posted here already.

Yes Lynne, seeing a quoted post from an ignored person is frustrating.

Heh... what a coincidence. My own list is exactly one person long, and yes, they posted here. I don't think there's much danger of them being quoted :wink: Really, this person seems to be pretty harmless and it probably says more about me that it bugs me.

For some reason the trolls don't bother me as much. Those that are obvious I tune out pretty quickly, and maybe on some level I grant them a couple of points for at least trying to use their brain for something.

Once in a while though it seems like one of these really manages to press the right buttons on somebody who should know better, and a couple of times lately I've wanted to put a virtual hand on a shoulder to tell them to save their breath, don't take the bait, and the troll will probably get bored... but who knows, maybe my way is too passive, maybe an immediate smackdown is the better policy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom