Strobe for Canon G11 with Canon WP-DC34 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great link dirtfarmer, Thank you very much... I think I may pick up the Inon S-2000 for my G11 setup...

Does anyone have any good link(s) that I can pick up the Inon S-2000 for a good price ??

Does anyone have any good link(s) that I can pick up the Inon S-2000 for a good price ??

Not cheap anywhere you look, but worth the money, even if it hurts. I like Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros. They have great customer service, and factory-trained techs. I had to order a new mounting plate for my strobe, and they set me right up.

We have a new shipment of S-2000's arriving Monday as we had been out of them. Let me know if we can be of any assistance.

This toppic is just what I was looking for. As I am not from US, please evrybody forgive me for my grammar.
OK... I also am setting up system based on G11 + dc34. Neverthe less I am still in doubt which strobe to buy. I was alredy decided for ys-110a set with s&s VII pro arm (although on first impression I dont like this arm, because i doesnt have a firm handle to hold on to) when I recieved a mail from Manfred ( UnterwasserKamera.at ) who said "YS-110a will not work very good with this Camera (read G11)" and preferred to me z240-4

As I can see you all have experience with this sests, so Id like to ask:

1. is z240 really a better choice than ys-110a
2. "YS-110a will not work very good with this Camera (read G11)" - is this true?
2. what experience do you have with Vii pro arm in s&s set - should I look for an arm which includes a firm handle

I am traveling to southern Egypt in feb 15th, so I am a bit in a hurry and would appericiate some answers ASAP

Thanks everyone

I have the G10 with canon housing and am using the Inon S-2000 strobe which is a few hundred less than the other Inon you are looking at.

It's extremely compact (great for traveling with weight allowances) and does a great job. I am very happy with it... just got back from Lembeh and am pleased with the results.

Also, any tray and handle with arms that use ball joint clamps are excellent choices. http://www.opticaloceansales.com/trays-arms/cat_9.html

Hi , All
I am also seriously thinking of buying a G11 but Ikelite housing, I already have 1 Sea&sea DX-27,
would like to get a second strobe, maybe an Ike 51 to take advantage of the TTL , but I see on the Ike site they say not to mix the TTL and non TTL strobes. I don't see any fiber optic mounting spot on the housing , (although on my present system I glued an acrylic block with a hole onto the housing , works fine). Any suggestions on how to integrate strobes. Maybe forget the TTL?
Thanx

Have you tried the G11 yet without the stobe? I find that it is pretty light sensitive already but i take pix at less than 10 meters without a strobe and they are pretty good. You can always add a strobe and depending on your photo abilities and budget can add some nice strobes to your kit.

Hey guys, thanks for the info. I have a G11 and a WP-DC34 housing and I'm a cave diver.

At first I didn't ever think about taking pictures because I figured it would be too impossibly expensive and with all the other professional and semi-pro photographers, what's the point.

Well, then I did a practice dive with a friend in a murky lake, and her point and shoot cheapy camera actually took some tolerable pics of closeups of divers. Better than nothing.

So I bought the WP-DC34 housing and took it to FL. My cavern (daylight) pics aren't too bad. After a few practice dives, I ventured into the caves with the camera. So, once in, as predicted, I couldn't do much without strobes.

Sadly for my wallet, I'm tempted to get some real lighting for my camera.

I'm curious. I was thinking a paired set of strobes. I noticed the links, helpfully provided by the shop representatives are single strobes. Help me out! How would my pictures improve if I had a second strobe? (or would they?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom