Stupid filter install question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It indicated that the plug had to be removed before installation. I install these filters on a daily basis. I use a pair of dikes. I hit the plug with the dikes to break it out and use the dikes to grab it and remove it. Sometimes they come out clean, sometimes they don't. If you grab it and rock it back and forth, you may end up with the tab broken off with the plug still in place.

I had to look up the meaning of the word dike which is a pair of wire cutters. Even more interesting is the apparent origin of the word.
https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090330144106AAJnkfs

I always thought it was spelled with a "y" as in dykes (the other female definition with the same spelling being an offshoot of it, not sure why really), with the ""i" version being a geological formation...

The female version can still get caught with their finger in one.

A little late in my reply, but if you gotta give me a -1 for giving you a twist for not reading the directions, (as Craig pointed out it is written on the paper tab).
, well...lighten up man. Your question was stupid because you did not read the instructions.
There is humor intended, but a word of warning as well.
You admit that you are new to this, and there is a whole lot more to producing clean air that dropping in cartridges and hoping for the best, even air tests are essentially worthless as they give you a moment in time, which may or may not be the same the next time you start the compressor.

I have electronic moisture meters as well as CO meters, (Thanks Peter) and I hand pack. I still weigh my A.C. at filter change (Before and after) to be sure it is not getting overloaded. A multitude of other precautions are taken on a daily basis this serious business and if you do not pay attention and choose not to read instructions (At the very least, I would suggest you do much more and really learn about this stuff) somebody could get hurt or killed.
What did Mike at L.F. say..some shocking number of dive shops coming back with high moisture content in their air, I forget the figure.
Despite what the books that come with the compressor say, this is not plug and play.

I need to pick everyone's brains!

After two years I finally got my my hands on a good fixed station scuba compressor for our dive locker. We have a perfectly fine building with plenty of room inside, and outside space to mount a fill station. But, my department director (non-diver) has latched onto a plan put forth my the department assistant director (non-diver) to put the compressor in a old used utility (10 x 15) trailer outside in the south Florida heat. The trailer would then have power run out to it to run the compressor and an ac unit. I have talked myself blue in the face pointing out the stupidity of this idea. We have portable compressors and have no need to have a large trailerable electric compressor.

So what I am going to have to do now is produce a written report detailing every reason NOT to do this, but instead put this compressor in a building where it belongs. What I would like is for you folks to help me think of every reason that can be thought not to permanently put the compressor in a trailer.

Hmmm, well, if the trailer has good fans so the air moves well, its not a stupid idea per say really. Lots of stuff sits out working its a$$ off in the heat - think transformers, semis, cowboys (haha).

Yeah its hot. Youre best bet is to talk to the manufacturer and ask them what the compressor can handle. That's the bottom line - forget some powerpoint presentation with your or anyone elses ideas. Go with what the guys who made it say. If I was your boss, that's what would get my attention. But thats just my .02.

----

Ti325v - you get another -1. All you do is thump your chest, but continue failing to help a guy out who asked a legit question. And if you could read, you'd note I looked for instructions on the tag and they were not there. Youre a troll. Enough said.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom