Sublimnos diving bell sold.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for that additional info about Dr. MacInnes, DCBC.

Thanks for that additional info about Dr. MacInnes, DCBC.

Dr. Joe is "Da bomb". I spent more than a few hours at "Underwater Canada" listening to his tales. I'm glad to hear he's still active and well.

That's the way she goes.

Roastbeef apparently plays the cards so no one can see.

Keeps the interest up. :)

Though I'd like to see it again too.

The new owner (not me) is going to make a web site about the bell and when ready invite anyone by who like to visit her for a look.

This information comes as something of a surprise. I was under the impression the bell was going to be refurbished, then moved to Tobermory & displayed at the Visitor's Center, with a pictorial & written history accompanying the display. That would have been a fitting place for Sublimnos, considering it's history with the area.

DSD

That would be nice. It would be good if they'd find or replicate the bottom half so people could look inside. In that picture the entrance is on the concrete pad.

Safe diving guys

Last edited:
I remember going to a presentation by Dr. MacInnis as he was preparing and publicizing the Sublimnos project. It was referred to as an "underwater habitat" and was accompanied by what was called an ''underwater phone booth." I'm sure the drawings would still be available and the articles are likely archived somewhere. I hope they replicate the bottom half properly and authentically. The phone booth was pretty simple and could be easily rebuilt also. It would be a good accompaniment, completing the big picture.
Who's good hands is it in?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom