Sublimnos diving bell sold.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no information on who bought it but based on the identity of the OP if I was asked to guess Alec Peirce, aka Seahunter, would be the first name that would come to mind.

like usual ...... your wrong

Nothing more on this? I don't hear of anyone seeing it and it is an absolute waste of history just sitting in someones back yard and waiting to be a BBQ stand. The Sublimnos initiated and inspired a lot of careers in Underwater activities as indicated by the few who posted on here.
Who knows where it is and who professes to own it ????? ................. if you do know, tell us so we can find out what is happening with it. Keeping its history hidden in some back yard and inspiring no one is disrespect to its history. Lets get this thing out there and let the young divers know where it came from and why it is important. It cant end up as some lawn ornament with a location guarded by the selfish .... it flys in the face of what the Sublimnos was all about.
Where is it ... and who "owns" it ....??

No one gave a damn about it for 30 years it was sold to a private collector with plenty of money to restored it to it's original condition, it got destroyed sitting at 30 feet under the water in mud for 15 years at Ducks until they closed shop and had to sell the properties accents and again no one made any offers just lots of talking. When it's completed and if anyone still cares they will be able to view it anytime on the Sublimnos dedication web site or make arrangements with the owner for viewing and until that time be reassured she it safe and not in some scrap yard. For friends of the environment this is Roast beef

"or make arrangements with the owner for viewing"

RB, do you have any contact information for Mr. Huth? I would like to view Sublimnos in it's new environs.

Thanks,
DSD

Shoot, here I was thinking there was a Sublimnos update.

Still waiting to hear whats happening with sublimnos. I've looked for the sublimnos tribute website and haven't been able to find it. I am very interested in checking this important piece of Canadian history out in person, does anyone have any info about the fella who has it and how I can get in touch with him. Thanks

ed huth owns it

Back
Top Bottom