Suggestion of my scuba diving plan while in Hawaii?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep...it's 5 graves not 9 ...unless I had a premonition the other 4 are either my excellent math skills or lack of sufficient ginko when I posted.

Ok, after reading all about the manta ray night dive I may do something crazy. Any though of me flying to Kona early afternoon on 9/4, doing a 2-dive charter, and fly to Maui the next day around noon?

I have spent almost a week in Maui so far and am loving it. I did night diving at Makena Landing (5 Caves) and went into the bubble cave, it's an experience of a life time! I dove couple times at Molokini and it seems to be overrated. Maybe it's just that we haven't seen anything special on both days. I love the fact I could shore-dive and see good amount of things.

Flying off to Kauai tomorrow (skipping the crazy thought of hitting Kona). I am looking forward to Niihau and shore dives off Pupoi :D

If you need any specific help with dive questions regarding Kauai feel free to send me a pm. You'll do yourself a favor (I feel) by staying on the south shore to avoid long trips to dive boats. Seasports and Fathom Five go out of Poipu. Favorite sites include Turtle Bluffs (slam dunk for sharks, octopus, large morays, turlte cleaning stations, and schooling fish), the lava tubes at Sheraton Caverns (interesting topography, loaded with turtles, and home usually to one or more frogfish), and Ice Box (Good spot for undulated morays, octopus, whitetips, bi-color anthias, and nudibranchs). If the weather cooperates the shore dive at Koloa Landing can be great as well (home to the rare Dragon Moray).

Hope your dive plans are coming all together. Niihau will be at the tail end of the season but I hope you get lucky and make the run.

Best of island wishes

Thanks everyone for your help, I am quite happy with the dives planned and I love the fact I could see many things diving from shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom