Question Suggestions for a no-dive day, perhaps in PM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
ojo

ojo

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
After diving on Coz for a week,then doing a day of free dive training in PdC, I'll have most of a day free.
Flight leaves from Cancun at 5, and I imagine getting to the airport by 3 is probably sufficient.
Whatever I do will determine where I stay the night before.
I appreciate good snorkeling as much as diving (I know, blasphemy...)
Seems like the options include mediocre snorkeling from the beach at PM;
going out to the reef on a snorkel boat at same;
go cenote-hopping on the Ruta except that I won't have a car...or
any other ideas? Thanks in advance.

The ruins in Tulum were cool. I'm sure there are organized tours out of PDC.
Not planning to head south of PdC and have seen the ruins several times, but thanks.

Ek Belam ruins are very cool, about 1.5 hrs from PM, if you’re interested in different ruins. There are several beach clubs in PM that are fun to spend a day at. Dive Shop, Unico and one other that I’m blanking on. All are north of the town square, a walkable distance. Rent a chair for $5 per day, beers are $2.5, frozen drinks around $5. Food’s decent, but not outstanding. Ceviche is probably the most reliable thing on the menu that’s not fried. All you need is a towel and sunscreen. Drop me an email if you want more info, jwarrenod@mac.com as I don’t log in here all that often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom