Suggestions for Weight Trim Pockets that can be attached directly to Backplates (to fit between BP and Wing in a SINGLE Tank kit)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, maybe I wear a lot of neoprene, also predominantly in the ocean

Yeah I think I am a bit floaty too, and I am only slightly bigger than you
but I think also I'm tired and don't understand anything at the moment

Cheers!

Thicker plate is not as flexible.
When I used to dive backmount I used a plate only with 15l, for 50% of the year for wetsuit fresh water diving, and then at first added 4kg for salt water, and then an additonal 1k for freshwater drysuit,
If I had a thicker plate, I'd be too negative 50% of my dives.

Bolt both plate together, if the slots line up. I just ordered the alexi one to try out.
Alexi weight plate thing has arrived, I’ll mess with it tomorrow but looks well made
two 5 lb weights in the pouches, one could put 30 lbs in this thing
578C9CE6-8096-4B50-98CF-213312AF850C.jpeg

Alexi weight plate thing has arrived, I’ll mess with it tomorrow but looks well made
two 5 lb weights in the pouches, one could put 30 lbs in this thing
View attachment 769637
The "spare" pockets look like interesting places for carrying items like signal mirrors, key fob container, etc...

This is my solution. I prefer this setup to the tank strap pockets. Usually divide the weight into 4 pockets. 2 ditchable waist and these 2 on the backplate

Attachments

• 9BB38B82-7F28-4C1D-B27A-F215813E4167.jpeg
    9BB38B82-7F28-4C1D-B27A-F215813E4167.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 104
  • 66D36915-2FB7-4AE6-96DA-4D4E20AF6B62.jpeg
    66D36915-2FB7-4AE6-96DA-4D4E20AF6B62.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 106
It worked perfectly, ran those same two 5’s in the lower pouches today, worth the $31
Can you still attach the wing easily to the plate and run the tank straps through the slots?

Can you still attach the wing easily to the plate and run the tank straps through the slots?
Yes, I used the S tek yesterday with a standard STA and ran the cam bands through that since the plate hasn’t any slots.

this weight plate from Alexi will only work with an STA As it has no slots, I won’t know if it’s compatible with the S tek STA until that arrives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom