Suggestions!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

daz9100:
Mac,

I'm thinking of going to Cayman in a few weeks time. Been out there a couple of time (before I started diving) and it's a great place.

Cheers,
Daz :wink:

Hmm, a guy called Daz, off to the Caymans......Do you drive a tractor by any chance?

Small world innit?

If you are going to be in Australia why not take a short flight to the south Pacific Islands. Fiji has some great diving, and Vanuatu has the wreck of the President Coolidge. New Guinea is also said to be some of the best diving in the world.

MacRS4,

Coming at you from East Timor. Only a 1.5 hour flight from Darwin, Australia.

We are going into our dry season here and getting ready for some great viz. The best months are June-October where 30m visibility is not out of the question and 15-25m is the norm.

Timor is not overrun by tourists and is a nice, quiet place. The hotel choices are limited but you can find the whole range from fancy to backpacker lodge. There is little to do in terms of organized cultural activities or nightlife but you're coming for the diving, right?

A marine biologist with extensive diving experience in SE Asia (mostly Indonesia) recently came for 10+ dives and said that he had not seen reefs healthier than the ones here in Timor.

Come join us, the diving is GREAT!!

Nick

Wow - funny what difference 4 years makes.... Now done 500+ dives, passed my IDC and funnily enough am off to Sharm next week with Daz !!!!

Wow - funny what difference 4 years makes.... Now done 500+ dives, passed my IDC and funnily enough am off to Sharm next week with Daz !!!!

What, and miss the Caribbean? (after all those years of advice) :rofl3:

Didn't you learn nothin'? Congrats on your IDC, Sharm is the Shiznitz. You could dump me on the Thistlegorm and pick me up in a week. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom