Suites Bahia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds great! I'll look forward to your report :)

Basscat,

My son and I will be at Aqua Safari shortly, staying at Safari Inn. $507pp including 5 days of 2-tank dives is a really good deal. Check back for info on that experience. We always take the AI route but since this is my son's first dive trip to Cozumel we decided to experience the budgeted approach and stay downtown and try to explore all the taco places in town...

I did the same thing with my grandson a couple of weeks ago and had a great time.We ate at all the local places and tried lots of different tacos.We really liked mission on 30th street ,had several great meals for arount $15.00+tip.Also liked El Pique on 30th really good tacos.I liked the gringa's at El Foco on 5th ave.We had to go to Casa Dennis one night and visit our friend Martin who always takes great care of us and makes us the special super hot salsa.
I will be staying at Suites Bahia on my next trip in Oct. and will be diving with Scuba Mau.

Hotel Bahai Cozumel is also listed as Suites Bahai Cozumel on some sites. I've never been to it, but did confirm that the two names are the same property.
Thanks for the replies. I'm not too picky, and not too wealthy, so sounds perfect. I have stayed at dive resorts my previous 2 trips and loved it, but really want to be in town this time. Leaning towards Aqua Safari to take advantage of that $12 afternoon dive, but have a while to research that. Looking at a late December trip. Can't wait to be back!
There are several hotels than participate in very economical air+hotel packages, i.e. Bahia and Bazar in town, Fontane north of town, Villablanca, Flamingo, Colonial, Casa del Mar all within a $65/week price range from top to bottom many dates, depending.

Are you using the Orbitz $200 discount? See http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cozumel/342655-need-help-picky-travelers-budget.html for much more info.

Late December may be a rate killer tho. For dates after school kids get out for the winter break, almost everything skyrockets. MCI-CZM air for dates...
Wed Dec 8 2010 to Wed Dec 15: $437 RT

Mon Dec 13 2010 to Mon Dec 20: $454 but I suspect the cheap fares will book up quickly.

If you wanted to go right after Xmas thru NYs - haha
Sun Dec 26 2010 – Sun Jan 2: $844 and was close to $1200 recently. :shocked2:​
For Dec 13-20, still good air and hotel packages available at many hotels, but that may change fast as many plan Dec trips.

Yes, I'm looking at Orbitz, and yes, it needs to be during Christmas break (I teach). Probably book in the next few weeks. Thanks for the link, Don, I'll check it out!

Yes, I'm looking at Orbitz, and yes, it needs to be during Christmas break (I teach). Probably book in the next few weeks. Thanks for the link, Don, I'll check it out!
Haha you're part of the crowd who drives up prices. :D When do you get out? I was surprised to find decent fares and rates I did.

Did you search for any threads on the hotel? here is one Hotel Suites Bahia - report

Sure, throw the guilt-trip on me ;-)
Looks like the cheapest day to fly is Tuesday the 21st, and prices have been going down a little the last few weeks, so I'm going to wait it out a little. Airfare and 7 nights for $754 so far, so not too bad. I've checked lots of reviews of the Hotel and it looks like what I want; cheap, clean, Downtown, and close to a pier for pick up by the dive shops. Thanks for your helpful links and sharing your experiences with bookings, really appreciate it! First time for me to book a package, and first time non-AI.

Haha you're part of the crowd who drives up prices. :D When do you get out? I was surprised to find decent fares and rates I did.

Did you search for any threads on the hotel? here is one Hotel Suites Bahia - report

Sure, throw the guilt-trip on me ;-)
Looks like the cheapest day to fly is Tuesday the 21st, and prices have been going down a little the last few weeks, so I'm going to wait it out a little. Airfare and 7 nights for $754 so far, so not too bad. I've checked lots of reviews of the Hotel and it looks like what I want; cheap, clean, Downtown, and close to a pier for pick up by the dive shops. Thanks for your helpful links and sharing your experiences with bookings, really appreciate it! First time for me to book a package, and first time non-AI.
What I find for Dec 21-28 is $825 for air, hotel, taxes before discount, or $725 after discount. Hope you don't wait too long...!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom