Summertime Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am fine with pretty much any dates so long as the date is planned out there in advance. Sounds good and thanks for taking up the planning!

The Cypress Sea is a pretty big boat. The Beachhopper II will also go to Carmel, but it only holds 12. The Monterey Express holds 20, and the schedule looks pretty open.

I absolutely, positively, will not go on the Escapade. Count me out if you choose the Escapade.

If they're filled up for July and August, I'm all for waiting until fall. The diving usually improves by then, anyway. Winter is even better, but a crapshoot because of the weather.

I can plan another beach dive somewhere, if need be, before the boat trip.

This sounds like a great idea. The site Dannobee was pointing out to us, I think it is called Lobo Rock, sounds awesome.

Way to go Mike - you're in charge :D

Lobos Rock is south, on the Carmel/ Big Sur border. It's a fantastic dive 60 to 90 feet or so. Many times it's not divable, but when it is, it's well worth the trip., Lots of water movement (it's an exposed dive) but for local diving, it can easily stack up to Monastery if you get the right conditions.

Nomad

The Cypress Sea is a pretty big boat. The Beachhopper II will also go to Carmel, but it only holds 12. The Monterey Express holds 20, and the schedule looks pretty open.

I absolutely, positively, will not go on the Escapade. Count me out if you choose the Escapade.

If they're filled up for July and August, I'm all for waiting until fall. The diving usually improves by then, anyway. Winter is even better, but a crapshoot because of the weather.

I can plan another beach dive somewhere, if need be, before the boat trip.

I'll check into the Monterey Express. 12 is pushing the small side IMO.

The Silver Prince can hold 20 but they limit it to 14 usually. They might allow more if we charter the boat though.

Dive Monterey and Carmel on The Silver Prince

I'll send them an email to see whats what. If they let us go up to 20 divers than the $745 charter wouldn't be that bad.

If anyone else knows of a boat that can hold 15(ish)+ divers please let me know. The more people we check with the more likely we are to get what we want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom