Suunto API for those that want can out program suunto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New Change to the Program - first it's packed as a self extracting zip file - saves half the space. I added two new controls they read bytes $24 and $25. These are the ones that tell which computer is connected. PLEASE email me the results and tell me which model comp you have! SET THESE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!

I have the Suunto serial interface.

I've checked the program with a Vyper / RS232 connection and an interface slightly modified from Roli's design. My DIY interface can be seen in Roli's gallery http://www.geocities.com/scubadiver_roli/gallery.html it's the one built into an old serial Mouse.

The program opened the com port but could not detect the computer. When I manually tried to set "Vyper" it got blanck after pressing the "set" button. It also detected the mode as "gauge" (although I always keep it Nitrox). I don't think it is important anyway.

When I tried to read all the data it simply stuck and I terminated the process. Perhaps I didn't have enough patience, so an indication that the program is alive and doing something could be nice (e.g. percentage, time remaining etc.). Is it supposed to save any output? A *.vpr file? Where? In the same directory where the app is running from?

I'll give a second try to the modified app and see what happens.

Thats the trouble with all this - far to many variables and no spec sheet!!

If I understand you, the program reported "Interface Not Detected" ?
if that's true than nothing else you do will work. Be aware that the detection function has a ~ 7 sec time out.
The radio buttons and get/set of the computer model ( viper/cobra/vytec ) are not functional, nor are the GETALL/SETALL/GETDATA buttons. I was afraid the rs232 connection might not work as I have an anomaly in the data returned from the commport.

Doesn't work with the Spider - neither home made nor Suunto interface. Just says interface not detected when I try to open the port.

froop:
Doesn't work with the Spider - neither home made nor Suunto interface. Just says interface not detected when I try to open the port.

Thanks!
No, It wouldn't, the Syder has a quite different memory layout. I'm rather disapointed however, I would have expected the interface to be detected. It would have failed on Most of the functions - the only thing that matches up is the 'personal info' field.

I Just finished a new version of the basic communication routines - care to try again?

Did I say Spyder? I meant Stinger.
New version does the same thing. Comes up with the message after only about 2 or 3 seconds, not the 7 sec timeout you mentioned previously.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom