Suunto D4 a good buy??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yep, I am quite happy to buy from suunto even if some people find them conservative. they are designed well and user friendly..

btw, how is stinger as an everyday watch? do you guys use it daily or only for diving?

how's your experience with the D6 since that post? any performance problems? also any solution to the shield? I've read a few post with similar complaints..I figure D6 and D4 have similar display so reading it will be same...my eyesight is pretty good so its not an issue when used with a backlight...
I like my D6. Haven't found a good shield yet. I occasionally use it as a watch too. It doesn't really work well with a business suit though. :)

It's quite heavy as I said...If I'm going away diving for the weekend/week I'll leave my normal watch at home and wear the Stinger, but otherwise it lives in its box.

If I had no other watch, then yes I'd wear the Stinger everyday, in fact I did till I got my current everyday watch :)

living on a tropical island, i've put away my nice zenith watch away in its box and been using the old casio G-shock. i guess it wont be any different with suunto D4, D6 or stinger.. ( my wardrobe is slowly being replaced with T-shirts, shorts and sandals.. :)

Maged_mmh, how is your strap holding out...after about 8 years, my strap is starting to get a little old, so I'm thinking of changing, but cannot find anything locally and I refuse to pay $50 for a new strap
actually it hasn't been that long for me diving it; maybe you would want to check with these guys: Scubastore - Diving Gear and Dive Equipment, Diveinn.

yep, I am quite happy to buy from suunto even if some people find them conservative. they are designed well and user friendly..

btw, how is stinger as an everyday watch? do you guys use it daily or only for diving?

I like my D6. Haven't found a good shield yet. I occasionally use it as a watch too. It doesn't really work well with a business suit though. :)

It's quite heavy as I said...If I'm going away diving for the weekend/week I'll leave my normal watch at home and wear the Stinger, but otherwise it lives in its box.

If I had no other watch, then yes I'd wear the Stinger everyday, in fact I did till I got my current everyday watch :)
I don't remember where is my swatch! :shakehead: never got it off my wrist since i bought it :D

living on a tropical island, i've put away my nice zenith watch away in its box and been using the old casio G-shock. i guess it wont be any different with suunto D4, D6 or stinger.. ( my wardrobe is slowly being replaced with T-shirts, shorts and sandals.. :)

Well, you've got it all---a G-shock, analog depth guage, and Navy tables(probably), what more would a diver need?????.....--- this combo worked for decades......

maged_mmh,

thats exactly what I'm planning to do as well... :)
now need to find a box for this casio.... hmm

I started out with a Stinger and had good use out of it for over four years, but then I wanted the ability to switch gases on the dive for accelerated deco, hence the move to a D6.

The Stinger is a fine computer, but I think the D4 looks more modern thanks to the dot-matrix display, which is the same as on the D6 and D9. However, the Stinger is a solid piece of kit, mine put up with an awful lot of abuse before it got passed on to my mate, and it is still going strong now.

Suunto has just launched the D4 with different colour straps – blue, yellow and pink inserts. Just got the pics through now, and it doesn't look too bad - think the ladies will like the pink one!

Mark

Back
Top Bottom