Suunto D6 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My question was not a smart*** comment. It is amazing the info you will find on the Suunto webpage that is computer specific including the user's guide, the shortcut sheet (to help you navigate through the menus and sub-menus), etc. Also, you might be interested in dowloading their Dive Manager|Dive planner tool (Air, Nitrox, Trimix) considering it is based on the same algorythm as your computer.

Sorry for the motherhood, but you will gain tremendously in knowledge about your D6 if you go at least once through the guide as it will help you understanding the many intricacies of your computer .

RTee you don't need to apologize you are right on target I would have said the same thing.

Bubbletrubble you should have given the page number so he could read the information like he should have in the first place or used DiveNav website. dantfarley a danger to himself and the sport. As you can see he gave minimal information on what happen that day.

Also it say's read the manual before use.

RTee you don't need to apologize you are right on target I would have said the same thing.

Bubbletrubble you should have given the page number so he could read the information like he should have in the first place or used DiveNav website. dantfarley a danger to himself and the sport. As you can see he gave minimal information on what happen that day.
@NCadiver: Let's try to stay positive here. I really don't think chastising the OP accomplishes anything. The point has already been made that the Suunto manual is a worthwhile resource to consult. To the OP's credit, he noticed some odd behavior with his computer and he sought out an explanation for it.

On a side note, I think it's more than a little ironic that you are criticizing the OP for not reading a dive computer manual when it's clear you didn't read my posts in this thread very carefully. I did include the page numbers on the manual excerpts. :wink:

@Bubbletrubble to clear it up for you "page numbers only" then.

And it be said on this board many of times read the manual and their also DiveNav computer course.

Now answer these two how many dives did he do in gauge mode and has he read the manual after all this?

Try this scenario he's at the airport and he look at his computer and see the airplane with X on it. He asks the question on scubaboard and he boards the plane before he gets the answer what then?

@NCadiver: Honestly, I don't know the answers to your questions. If the guy was diving the computer in gauge mode, I'm going to guess that he had some sort of plan in terms of limiting his nitrogen-loading. Tables would have worked. If he had an upcoming flight, I'm sure he also thought about planning a relatively safe dive-to-fly interval.

FWIW, I don't think that browbeating the OP will force enlightenment upon him and magically turn him into a better, safer diver. He asked a simple question. He got a straightforward answer. That's the main reason I participate on ScubaBoard -- to help out my fellow diver.

On a side note, I'm a big fan of the movie Stripes. Here's a pretty funny scene from the movie. Enjoy! :D

I appreciate everyones help...................@NCadiver I purchased the D6 from you, why would you be so negative?? I was only seeking advice

@Bubbletrubble, thank you for your help its means alot and of course a plan was in place.............I always dive with a backup and run tables.............the D6 was a third leg on my past few dives, just stumped and ask what I thought was a reasonable question.............reguardless I appreciate the Intel.

He a Divemaster candidate he supposes to set the example and read the manual, and even if the manual was missing like he said he should have gotten it of the web. Did you really help him not really he got the answer so there no need to read the manual.
And I can tell you one thing he did do a second dive with out knowing his nitrogen level. Did you know that?

Dantfarley If you had purchased it from me I would have shown you how to use it and told you to read the manual and you would have had on in the box.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom