Suunto D9 vs. Uwatec SmartTEC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chad Carney:
I've got two questions for a Smart Tec owner or dealer:

1. Is the new Smart tec sender interchangeable with Uwatec's previous, (Air Z & O2), senders? I've got two of them and would like to keep using them along with the new Smart Tec.

2. Does the new Smart Tec's algorithm, in it's most liberal setting, provide the same no-deco & deco times as the previous Uwatec non-user adjustable algorithm, when dove side by side?

Chad

Chad

1) I don't believe it does but I have not tried. The transmitter is a little different b/c it has a user changable battery (just the transmitter), so it is a little bigger. I don't know if it that would make a difference.

2) My dive buddy dives with an Aladdin pro and the Smart tec seems to be a little more liberal, I think it is b/c it has a 15sec sampling rate compared to the 30sec. I am 95% sure it uses the same algorithm.

Hope this helps. I love computer, have done about 20 dives with it.

Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom