Suunto dive computers and ScubaToys/Leisure Pro??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Lock-out" conditions should be spelled out in your User Manual.

I've owned 3 different brands of computer and the reason(s) for Lock-out and the implications were similar but a bit different.

Stay within the parameters of your computer and you should not get locked out, regardless of brand or model.

I have a Suunto Vyper and love it!

I did 24 dives in 5.25 days in Bonaire ranging from 107 feet to approx 40 feet and never violated/locked out my Computer. I sometimes wonder what type profiles others do that complain about Suunto's? I keep it in Nitrox modes always and set it to 21% when diving air. (Can't remember where I bought it but speculate it was from Lesiaurepro) When I need a new computer, it will likely be another Suunto. (Vyper 2.0 ?)

I appreciate the conservativeness of it. It hasn't trememendously limited me or my diving. I will state I have a dive buddy who has used a Suunto as well who traditionally sets his more conservative (he is 57 - 10years older than me) but he smokes, drinks and very WISELY adjusts his diving accordingly) and I have noticed his time is limited much more so than mine. So it does in fact work . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom