Suunto Dive Manager Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It is a simple suck SW that I have ever used....

Kim

Thanks I will start working on it right away!

Either my software or "interface cable" is buggy: sometimes it'll download, other times it won't. Anyone else have that problem? Is the USB version any better than the serial one? I doubt it...

Also, I see in another post that you can use "other" software with the Suunto products. Is that true?

SoniCro:
Either my software or "interface cable" is buggy: sometimes it'll download, other times it won't. Anyone else have that problem? Is the USB version any better than the serial one? I doubt it...

Also, I see in another post that you can use "other" software with the Suunto products. Is that true?
I have that too. I think that the connection to the back of the Vyper is a bit flaky and sometimes it doesn't make contact properly. If I fiddle it a bit - wipe off the contacts etc. and try again it's normally alright.

I used to download my logs, and half the time it was like tuning in an old TV with rabbit ears. You hold it kind of like this, but move a little that way, there you go got it, now hold still while it downloads.

Note I said I used to download them. I stopped probably a hundred or so dives ago. I switch to an Excel spreadsheet, record the things I want to remember and get on with it. Nice part is it actually works on my handheld and my computer. What a concept.

Funny part is the most useful part is usually what weight was I using, and what gear so I don't have to figure out each time. That's useful when I go on vacation and as the weather warms up here and my dry suit underwear gets thinner.

Nice part is I over the summer I loose about 12 pounds. Shame its not off my waist.

Quirky (timeouts, corrupt data warnings, etc), but that is the secret to get the downloads to work in the new version 2.3.0. The usual download wizard could no longer find my Vytec after I upgraded from 2.1.5. I still keep v1.6 around on the same computer for testing and a separate database, so I knew it was the version's fault.

yak:
Another question, how does one interpret the tissue saturation graph? What does the slow and fast end of the graphs signify?

Bear in mind that those tissue graphs do not model any real tissues in the body, but are rather a theoretical abstraction of the process. The graphs are just there to show the arbitrary data points that feed into the prediction algorithm. However, it gives you a theoretical view of how different tissues could saturate with nitrogen in relation to each other.

That serial interface cable that attaches to the computer is pretty crappy. I have found that if you put the dive computer in PC mode, hold the cable firmly in the socket on the back of the dive computer and it will grab all the data on the first try.

The new Suunto dive manager is MUCH nicer than the 1.x version they had. Hopefully they will continue to make improvements.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom