Suunto DM4 Won't Install on Windows 7?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do not know if Suunto is following this, but they released a new version on DM4 this week that fixes that as well. We got our response from our tech inquiry, and it was a link to their new program.

Hello,
I'm running windows 7 64 bits, does it work for it or just for 7 32 bits
Thanks

It should work

Just go to the suunto website and download it

Hello,
I tried it since monday but it 's always the same message 'this file...'
Do Suundo resolve something ?
Thanks

Hello,
I tried it since monday but it 's always the same message 'this file...'
Do Suundo resolve something ?
Thanks

Did you read the entire thread with chrpai's solution?

I know Suunto should do something about this, but not sure if they have actually done anything yet.

Hello,
So i just need to do what chrpai 's wrote in this answer ? or this with another things ? (sorry i'm french )

Chrpai :"Ok, I see what's wrong.

The setup.exe does a prereq check for the gtk# redist by doing a search based on Windows Installer ProductCode {550B72C4-F404-4812-971F-947E835A877E}. If a machine doesn't have this installed it does the download. It then does a digital signature check and an MD5 hash check on the download and the check doesn't match so you get the error message.

I downloaded the gtk# and installed it by hand but it still fails the ProductCode check because the ProductCode has been changed to a different GUID. This is typically done when doing a Major Upgrade. Except the file name and version hasn't changed so it tells me they don't have a clue what they are doing.

Ok, so how to work around this?

1) Make sure GTK# isn't installed.
2) Download the GTK# directly from their website. http://download.mono-project.com/gtk...2.10.win32.msi
3) Download and install the MSI database editor 'Orca' from Download: ORCA MSI Editor
4) Right click the gtk-sharp MSI and select Edit With ORCA
5) Click on the Property table
6) Find the ProductCode property row and change {04AE3BBC-ABFF-42CC-9F90-5B35D229328A} to {550B72C4-F404-4812-971F-947E835A877E}
7) Save and close the MSI database
8) Install the GTKSharp MSI interactively

Now you can run the DM4 setup.exe and it should skip trying to install GTKSharp. The rest should now work."

Thanks

You also ran the EXE elevated. ( I had UAC disabled on my VM. ) He might need to follow that procedure and then right click the EXE and select Run As Administrator. Otherwise the EXE could try to run as standard user and the resulting prereq MSIs (c++ and gtk# ) won't be able to install to ProgramFilesFolder correctly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom