Suunto Eon Core vs Shearwater Perdix 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsqdvr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hey all,

I'm new to the site but not to diving. I started diving in 1997 and have just over 3000 dives. I'm in the market for a new computer as my current/last one is an Oceanic VT4.0 that is 10 years old and no longer supported by Oceanic. I also really don't like the interface and the data link connection. I need a computer that is at least Nitrox compatible and has Air integration (first experienced with the VT4.0 and I love it). My local dive shop suggested these two. I've looked at each manufacturer's websites but wanted to see if anyone here had strong feelings either way.
I also need one that has it's own system for recording dives but could also be uploaded to Diviac Logbook or Diving Log. All of my previous dives were meticulously saved at diverecord.com only for them to shut down their website without notice and I now have no way of getting that information back. I should have done this the first time but I now plan to record the data in two places,, just to be sure I will have access later on.

Thanks in advance.

Multiple choice:

a. I dive Shearwater exclusively because they're the most awsome-est. At least the Perdii models.

b. I don't have a computer, but I'll get a Shearwater because they're the most awsome-est.

c. I don't need or want a computer because tables rock.

d. I'll take anything - ANYTHING - except a Suunto computer. Even if the case has been flooded and the batteries are dead. (referring to the other non-Suunto computer - If the Suunto case had been flooded and the battery was dead, weeeeeeeeeell then maybe with that upgrade...)

Is this even a question? It's like asking, do you want the Mazda or the Porche... :) Get the Shearwater!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom