Suunto Gekko

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If your going integrated why not just keep it , wear it...use as a back up...I have a Cobra II integreated and the gekko and I wear them both. One goes you always got the other for ascending safety stops and info. If yor AI goes you slap on your pressure gauge and still have a computer.

Just an Idea....

Yeah, I've been thinking about that as well. Granted, as a pure rec diver, I do feel like any sort of failure and the dive is over for me, regardless of backup.

For a longer trip, though, it would be critical to have a backup computer and backup analog gauges. This is why I haven't listed it in the forsale forum yet :)

I got the boot from DSS -- very nice! I also got the custom ideas USB cable, used the firmware hack to change the computer ID to Vyper, and was able to download my whole dive history to Suunto Dive Manager, that's quite cool.

I like mine very much. Mine is the console model, and although it is a bit leggy with the added compass, it's wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom