Suunto SK7 replacement bezel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cool_hardware52:
Why can't you reuse the bungee? With persistence you can untie the knots.

Tobin

Weellll, like I like Aquaseal. I need more to put in the tool box since I just bungeed my computer this morning.

Well after talking with Aqualung yesterday, it appears that the only way to get a hold of a replacement bezel is to order it through an authorized dealer. Luckily there was one about 2 minutes from my house. He's charging me $13 and it should be here in a week. By the way - the part number Aqualung quoted for the bezel and retainer is 6310.

Jimmy T:
...it appears that the only way to get a hold of a replacement bezel is to order it through an authorized dealer...$13 and it should be here in a week...the part number Aqualung quoted for the bezel and retainer is 6310.
Thanks for the info, Jimmy, I'll order the new parts accordingly.

And thank you, Tobin, for being so responsive - it was mildly annoying to not be able to turn the bezel without the white thingy obscuring the side port. I'll go ahead and remove the bungee and mail you back this boot for the replacement boot. I appreciate your taking care of this issue - I'll order a few other items when I send this thing back. Nice doing business with you,

Doc

Tobin:

I got to thinking about this deal with the multiple colors on the new ones. My former console-mount is circa-2002, and it has the black PBT....however it mostly seems to work right in the boot...the PBT doesn't rotate when the bezel is turned. However there is a 'lump' under the bezel on the front of the PBT, very thin, that sticks out a little more than the rest of the black PBT, and this keeps the bezel from going all the way down in the boot.

I'm not sure if this means there are 3 'eras' of SK7 internals, my black, the all-white generation, and the current black/white generation.....I dunno....

Does the new boot by chance happen to have a slot for the 'lump' at the front of the PBT?

Thanks

(PS: PBT=Pizza Box Thingy...)

Hi Teknitrox,

That a 2002 console would have the black PBT, is news to me. AFAIK there are only two version, black and white PBT.

Sorry I don't yet have a version that accomodates the black PBT perfectly......

Tobin

cool_hardware52:

I received a console SK7 (even says "new console" on the box) and a DSS wrist mount as a b-day gift. While the fit isn't perfect, it does fit. And it doesn't look like i'll be losing any bezel or anything. Been on 8 dives so far, and it's been great.

I was wondering why the PBT in the picture and my PBT looked different and it wasn't quite fitting, but ultimately just muscled it. Snug, though a little bulge in places. Works for me :)

cool_hardware52:
Hi Teknitrox,

That a 2002 console would have the black PBT, is news to me. AFAIK there are only two version, black and white PBT.

Tobin
*shrug* I compared some pictures of the white PBT with my black BPT and they aren't the same. However my black PBT works fine in the boot unless the bezel is sticky for some reason, then all I have to do is spin it a few times to work out the salt or whatever is under it.....of course, my bezel is quite easy to turn, being almost 4 years old....

After I read ae's post, I noticed my boot does bulge in some places, but it doesn't bother me....after all it works, so why should it? :wink:

Nice boot, tobin.

In case any of you needed some pictures.

---
Ken

Those are nice instructional photos.

Here's the black PBT console fit with Tobin's mount. Not flush, but very secure. I'm a happy customer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom