Suunto SK7 replacement bezel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken, it is a darn great installation guide for the newbies....

Mo2vation:
In case any of you needed some pictures.

---
Ken

where can i buy a replacement bezel?????? My lds said no such thing as a replacement.

Jimmy T:
Well after talking with Aqualung yesterday, it appears that the only way to get a hold of a replacement bezel is to order it through an authorized dealer. Luckily there was one about 2 minutes from my house. He's charging me $13 and it should be here in a week. By the way - the part number Aqualung quoted for the bezel and retainer is 6310.

I was told by my local dive shop that the bezel was and is a one time fit only and I cant order the replacement part you have listed on page 2 I dont seem to know what to do. Anyone have an idea where to get a replacement bezel?

myrddin:
where can i buy a replacement bezel?????? My lds said no such thing as a replacement.

Just out of curiosity, do you know what price the bezel was at your LDS?

He said he called aqualung and they told him there is no replacement and it was a one time fit only. I called:
SEAWEED DIVER
Address: 1121 STATE STREET, NEW ALBANY, IN 47150, UNITED STATES
Phone: 812-949-8060

I did find it listed in the UK:
http://www.simplyscuba.com/ProductDetails.aspx?StockID=85147
it shows part like 8 bucks and like 24 bucks for shipping and vat. I just bought this from one of our board members and dont mind replacing the parts out of his pocket but I dont seem to be able to find a quick replacement.

What do you think?

The SK7 has been manufactured in two versions AFAIK. The earlier version used a white friction Ring and Rotating Bezel could be removed from the Friction Ring. I'll call this the "older" version

The "Current" version uses a black friction ring, and the bezel cannot be removed from the friction ring.

The basic sealed compass is the same.

This has caused a great deal of confusion regarding replacement parts.

I have never been able to get a clear picture of what Suunto's intentions are. My beliefs are that Suunto has discontinued the "Older" version, and replacement Bezels and or white friction Rings are no longer available. This leads some dealers to say you can't buy a replacement.

The Current black friction ring and bezel apparently are available, but only as an assembly. This maybe the source of the "one time fit" that has been noted in this thread.

DSS currently produces a SK7 boot that will work with either the older white friction ring, or the newer Black Friction ring. If you have an older DSS Boot that accomodated only the white friction ring, and you need to use a current black ring please send me an email, info@deepseasupply.com

Please note: DSS is not an Aqualung Dealer, and cannot supply Suunto parts.

Regards,

Tobin George

I must have the older one, I have a white friction ring under my bezel. I just want to know where I can get a replacement part, my bezel is still connected but when you turn it half of it pops off. Any thoughts or should I try that URL frome above (the UK one)

thanks

myrddin:
I must have the older one, I have a white friction ring under my bezel. I just want to know where I can get a replacement part, my bezel is still connected but when you turn it half of it pops off. Any thoughts or should I try that URL frome above (the UK one)

thanks

I don't think you can source the older bezel / white friction ring.

Tobin

bummer, I guess Ill send it back to the seller.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom