Suunto Vyper vs Aeris Atmos Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SueJ

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Aeris Atmos Pro computer. I had heard this computer is exactly like the Suunto Vyper. The only difference I've noticed is viewing area is a little smaller on the Atmos. I saved a bunch of money. Anyone have any input on which is better, PRO and CONS on each? Thanks.

I don't understand why you're asking after you've made the purchase!?:confused:

Originally posted by SueJ
I recently purchased a Aeris Atmos Pro computer. I had heard this computer is exactly like the Suunto Vyper. The only difference I've noticed is viewing area is a little smaller on the Atmos. I saved a bunch of money. Anyone have any input on which is better, PRO and CONS on each? Thanks.

I don't know about the differences but I did hear about a recall on the Aeris. Here is a link that gives serial numbers of affected units and contact info: http://www.cyberdiver.net/dive-gear/recalls/body_recalls.html

**This is not an attempt to put down or knock Aeris Atmos Pro or other Aeris product. I only mention this for safety awareness.**

:)

Mike, the gauge mode appears to be the same. The web site for Aeris is www.diveaeris.com. Thanks

Tavi - it is returnable. Ever thought twice after you bought something??

ScubaDuke, I heard about that recall and checked my serial numbers. Mine was OK. Thanks for the concern.

I'm just wondering if I should have spent the extra $$ on the Vyper or if I got a good computer going with the Aeris.

SJ

HI SueJ:

I don’t have an Aeris or Suunto computer, but I know divers who do and they are very happy with them. Both are reputable companies and turn out a descent product.

I have to agree with Tavi … The time to ask was before the purchase, but hind sight is always 20-20.

Dive Safe …………………………….Arduous

I have thought twice about something after I bought it. :huh:
I haven't done this with Scuba gear though. :nono:
Thanks to these boards I've made good decisions, and not regreted any puchases. :wink:

FWIW I dive a Suunto Cobra (same as the Vyper but air integrated) I really like it!

I'm not familiar with the Aeris

Sue,

I have a Vyper, which I like a lot (wrist mount).

- Easy to read face
- Backlighting with ability to set duration of light
- Conservative algorhythm
- Auto activation
- Sizeable dive log
- Downloadable
- Air, Nitrox, Gauge modes

NO knowledge of Aeris computers.

BTW -- that where the prices on these computers that your LDS was offering?

One other suggestion -- there have been A LOT of threads on this board regarding the Vyper over the past 6 months or so. Use the search function and you should find plenty of info.

My Cobra is jammers... being able to see it ALL and then some. Like time to deco and air time left side by side, lets me know in a jiffy which will limit my dive. I also enjoy having my wrist free of clutter (except for a Lumi-NOX dive watch which hides under my wetsuit). The attached compass is well thought our as well. If you can still return your new computer, I would definitely check out the Cobra.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom