Swim throughs - what could possibly go wrong?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I remember that thread :)

I believe the plan was to dive off of a boat to avoid paying park fees at Ginnie, and to avoid Ginnie's rules.

Yes. By the way, I miswrote it above--he went in through the eye, which then loops around the ear opening and ends up on the other side of it.

I have not read the whole thread so this may have been mentioned before but in the photos you posted I could see something like a false exit being an issue. If an untrained diver sees an opening that looks big enough to swim through but it ends up being too tight then as they try to squeeze through the 1st stage could be knocked causing a failure, they could get caught while trying to turn themselves around or they could get jammed in so far that they are unable to move forward or backward. These are all very possible and very serious scenarios. Add panic to the mix and you have a disaster on your hands.

Back
Top Bottom