Sydney Diving April-May

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AussieNSW

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey all! I'm working in Australia for the year and currently living in Sydney for 3 months. There's a few shore dives I'd like to do, does anyone want to join me? I'll be around until the end of May, PM me!

hi :)

My buddy and I are usually out every fortnight for either a boat dive or a shore dive. This weekend I'll be doing the north head boat dive ANZAC Monday with frogdive (I'll be on my own)... I'm going to try and make the most of the weather before it gets too cold!

drop me a PM if you're interested... I've been to Shelley more times than i care to (OW and AOW courses were mostly there), fairlight, Freshwater and the nets at balmoral for the seahorses.

wouldn't mind having a look at bear island and apparently there are some dives around Bondi.

hi :)
My buddy and I are usually out every fortnight for either a boat dive or a shore dive. This weekend I'll be doing the north head boat dive ANZAC Monday with frogdive (I'll be on my own)... I'm going to try and make the most of the weather before it gets too cold!

I'm doing my deep on monday with Frog Dive, and tomorrow - looks like the weathers going to be great :)

Suggest you have a go at a Marouba Point shark dive with Abyss (or Dive Centre Manley usually in league with some from Abyss). My son and I did it back a ways and loved it. Lots of nurse sharks and quite a few weedies. Great photo ops if you do that.

My husband and I just returned from a stay in Sydney and the surrounding area....We had great dives at Bare Island and saw weedy sea dragons. The nets at Balmoral had lots of seahorses - although you have to look for them. Also really enjoyed Gordons Bay where we saw my first blue lined octopus.

We traveled south to Shell Harbor and dove the gutter, the gravel loader and Bushys - nice diving.

That was our shore dives. We also went to Southwest rocks and dove with Fishrock diving - nurse sharks were amazing as was the cave.

Finally if you can find some time to go to Lady Elliot Island, an ecoresort on the GRB with fantastic diving and snorkeling. Wish we could have done more dives there but the cyclone prevented diving for few days due to the winds.

I know there are lots of other places but these were our highlights.

Enjoy your time there - we have since returned to Northern BC where we did a lake dive in 37F yesterday - I was thinking back to the warmer days of Aus!!

ouch... that's about 2 degrees C isn't it.

and i whinge about having to wear a 7mm suit!

Hey is it too late to get in on this? Are you going diving this weekend at all?

Back
Top Bottom