Sydney Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

falloutx

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I will be heading down to Sydney 3rd week of May and I am thinking..."Why not dive there"

But since I have only dived South East Asia, Anyone can enlighten a tropical water diver about the condition over in Sydney during May?

1) Do divers dive in dry suit in May? Only used a wetsuit before...

2) I'm hopping to dive a day, which sites should I dive?

3) Any dive shops to recommend?

Thanks in advance

Sydney has some great dive sites

If you want a easy day dive
Look up Shelly Beach @ Manly
Bare Island @ La Peruse
Camp Cove @ Watson's Bay

or visit this site for a good roundup of the dive sites both shore and boat

http://www.michaelmcfadyenscuba.info/viewpage.php?page_id=137

as for the dive shops, that would depend on where you plan diving

I use Frog Dive at Willoughby
www.frogdive.com.au

they are friendly and helpfull

falloutx:
I will be heading down to Sydney 3rd week of May and I am thinking..."Why not dive there"

But since I have only dived South East Asia, Anyone can enlighten a tropical water diver about the condition over in Sydney during May?

1) Do divers dive in dry suit in May? Only used a wetsuit before...

2) I'm hopping to dive a day, which sites should I dive?

3) Any dive shops to recommend?

Thanks in advance
PM me with your dive experience and schedule. I will be happy to give you a tour or guide you in the right direction.

You do not need a drysuit, although the water is not as warm as you are used to in Singapore. Expect a water temperature about 20C.

Thanks for the help and directions so far. Will have a look and hopefully I will dive in Sydney.

Hey,

Visiting from Canada, have been diving Melbourne for a few months. Now I find I am going to be driving up to Sydney and available for a shore or boat dive May 4th to 7th. Will have all my gear with me, except tanks, looking for a dive shop that can get me into the water, or someone who wants to be my buddy for a DIY shore dive??

I am very experienced (2000+ over 23yrs, a D.M., etc etc)

Any info would be great!!

hey...i'm singaporean too! Currently living on the Central coast which is 2 hrs away from sydney. There's nothing to dive in singapore...visibility is condemned! Sydney has pretty good dive sites. Central coast has some decent sites too...u ought to check it out sometime

G'Day Mate,:wink:

If you are ever back in Sydney, we would love to take you out diving. We are situated on Botany Bay, and have more than 10 dive sites within 10 mins of our centre.

You will see loads of unique creatures here like weedy sea-dragons, Grey Nurse Sharks, and friendly Blue Gropers.

Check out http://www.abyss.com.au/sites/sydney.html for a list of dive sites in the Sydney area.:D

Thanks, Carl!

I did dive with Abyss!! Went out with a group from the shop on several days! They were a fantastic bunch, and I would recommend anytime! We dove Voodoo one day and Bare Island the other. I also spent a few days up at Manly, and dove for a few days there as well!

I have long since returned to Canada, and back to diving in my dry suit!

...Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom