Taveuni / yasawas - Can't Decide! HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I have recently booked a holiday to taveuni - But I am having second thoughts after hearing that the weather is unpredictable! Has anybody experienced taveuni? I went to the yasawas afew years back and was amazed by the snorkelling - I am hoping to have my dive cert by the time I go on this trip, but cant decide if changing to another Yasawah trip is a better idea!

Any tips, or help on either of those options would be HUGELY appreciated! I am scared of getting 10 days of rain as i did on my last holiday to the Cook islands!

Thanks!
Shaye

I haven't met anyone who went to the Yasawas specifically for diving. But Taveuni on its own should be good. What time of year are you travelling?

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to reply! I am going on April the 7th - 16th 2007. I am more concerned about my parents having a good time, as it is a gift to them - they absolutely love snorkelling. I am really worried about rain in taveuni, and also if they have nice beaches. I am pretty sure that the snorkelling must be good there from what I have heard? Thanks again for your time :)

Hi Kiwi zimbo,

Taveuni has the better diving, while the Yasawas have better beaches and snorkeling.

Wouldn't worry about rain on Taveuni as long as you're not smack in the rainy season (April is between the rainy and dry seasons).

Have fun.

DocVikingo

Hey Kiwi Zimbo
My husband and I were in the Yasawas last May (first of the month) so not so far off from time of year you are planning. It was not a dive trip but we did dive on about 5 different days. The diving was so-so, some fun currents some nice pinnacles, but basically not dramatic. The snorkeling however was fantastic.
Here is a link to my web page with diving photos on the photo album page:
hope this helps (love Fiji BTW)
http://home.comcast.net/~bperrybap/

have a great time!

Thank you so much for replying! I have since writing that, changed to go to the Yasawas - now for sillemma number 2! Which islands in the yasawas?! Where was the best snorkelling you exerienced? I am going for the budget bure style accommodation which is basic, but all I need especially since I am shouting my family! Out of all the places you went in the Yasawas - which do you think was overall the best (exploring/snorkelling/beaches!)

Thank you so much for your time!
Shaye

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom