TEC Deep Diver Course Equivalent To Adv NITROX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shadragon

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Simple question, I hope... :)

Does the PADI DSAT TEC Deep Diver course give you an equivalent certification for Advanced Nitrox that other agencies offer?

I ask as I am looking at going to a CCR in the future and Adv. Nitrox is required for that training as you will handle 100% O2 on the rebreather. Does the TEC Deep Diver course qualify you for that?

Cheers.

Simple question, I hope... :)

Does the PADI DSAT TEC Deep Diver course give you an equivalent certification for Advanced Nitrox that other agencies offer?

I ask as I am looking at going to a CCR in the future and Adv. Nitrox is required for that training as you will handle 100% O2 on the rebreather. Does the TEC Deep Diver course qualify you for that?

Cheers.
Yes it does.

The DSAT TecDeep Diver program covers the full range of tech diving with air, EANx and Oxygen up to a maximum depth of 50m (165ft), with full decompression and multiple stage cylinders.

The TDI Advanced Nitrox Course covers no-decompression diving using air, enriched air and pure oxygen up to a maximum of 40m (130ft).

Generally, the DSAT TecDeep program is regarded as being the equivalent of the TDI Advanced Nitrox, Decompression Procedures and Extended Range courses. The TDI program (3 in total) gives a little more max depth, at 55m (180ft).

So yes, a DSAT TecDeep course should cover any pre-requisite that the Adv Nitrox by itself would do.

Cheers

Des

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom