Tektite LED Backup light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea Monkey

Registered
Reaction score
I saw a Tektite LED Dive light at the scuba show in Long Beach Sat. It was very small about 3" and I was told the bulb would last 10,000 hours and the batteries would last 40 hours. It didn't seem really bright but had a very white light spectrum which might be good enough for a back up. They had a built in clip that you could use to clip to your BC. You may be woundering why I didn't get the model #. I did ask the rep and he gave me a catalog, but when I told him that light wasn't in the catalog he just gave me the deer in the headlights look! So if anyone has tried a LED dive light how about some feed back...=:{)

Some of the guys up here are starting to use that Tektite - not that small one though - there is one that I forget the name of - (pricey one) and it is really bright - I don't know if it will last that long.
You can recognise it by the collection of 7 or so leds - size is about 6" long.

HTH,
Dane

Thanks for the info. The one at the show only had 2 LED's. Maybe I can find one to rent somewhere to check it out.

He Sea Monkey,

I'm going down to pick up my tanks later today, I'll look for lights - I know these guys have them, I'll get you some prices - are you looking for the smaller one or the bigger one?

Dane

No biggie -
I saw the big one - it is called the Expedition 300 and aparently is very nice - I'll look for he small one next time I'm there - I know they have them - big one is the size of a regular flashlight.

Dane

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom