Tell me about the good/bad on Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

but a pool with some hot babes around will do just fine.

Cheers,
Eh,the good ones are already taken,they come with their boyfriends or husbands.The ones on their own are the proverbial mingers (i soliti cessi in other words).
That's what Tom kept complaining of:D
Buona fortuna comunque:wink:

Eh,the good ones are already taken,they come with their boyfriends or husbands.The ones on their own are the proverbial mingers (i soliti cessi in other words).

LOL! hahah, Merda! Just my luck.

Grazie

LOL!! hahaha, Merda! Just what I was looking for!

Grazie

Fantasea are a good dive centre. Small(ish), well run and will give you a decent time certainly.

Not sure what you mean by "village" unless you mean the street consisting of nothing but hotels by Medina in which case other than hotels there is nothing there at all. Its an OK place to stay if you want to live in the hotel.

Coral Coast is nearer the main area of town (2 mins walk from lighthouse). Its right next to El Dorado which is probably the best Italian and far cheaper than the amazingly expensive pescatori place. Also has Blue Beach 100m away for the best steaks in town.

As for hot babes, forget it. Try Sharm!

I was thinking about going to Sharm but I'm traveling alone this time so probebly just relax and dive is the thing to do. If I was going witha group, I would do Sharm I think. Maybe its cool also for just a single traveler?? As long as I get those good dive in too.

Sharm is a different type of place. Its like blackpool with sun. Chain restaurants, chain retail outlets, no real character, could be anywhere on earth. Its more frantic and about twice as expensive too. But there is good diving out of there like anywhere else in Egypt!

Fantasea are a good dive centre. Small(ish), well run and will give you a decent time certainly.
Aah, life is strange isn't it?

Some 15 years ago, the biggest operators in Dahab were Adventure (now closed), Fantasea (was located at the Lighthouse area and was called the beach monster, now described as smallish), Club Red (now selling at dirt cheap prices), Inmo (still doing fine but no way to be compared to the 90s), and South Dive Club (used to be in Coralia, now closed).

Does this ring a bell? :D

Times sure do change things. I've never been to that area but as long as the dive shop has a crew that knows what their doing, don't disapoint and cater to the customer that is good enough. I plan on diving Nitrox, they say they have it so I hope they are compatent at filling Nitrox tanks and don't screw stuff up.

I was in the Maldives last September on one of the BAA atols and the dive shop there was small, only had 3 instructors but they were real good at running their shop, instructing and compatent so that's what counts.

Sounds like Fantasea is not going to be a disapointment...I hope.

Back
Top Bottom