Temporary PADI C-card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was told this by my dive shop as well. That we would receive a temp c-card the day we finished our OW dives (4/24). However, turns out the shop was "out" of temp cards. I am leaving for the keys in a week, and I still haven't received my c-card. I did, however, receive an email saying it was on the way, and entered in the system.

I did my OW in February, and I was given a printout of a temp c-card the same day (apparently the instructor just prints it out when he enters your details into the PADI website, which is what triggers them printing and sending your plaster c-card).

182960_10150090107646640_654936639_6755201_6159248_n.jpg

Thanks for all replies and the great information! I'll let you know how it all works out. Thanks, again!

It makes no difference how your application was sent to PADI.

If the shop used a paper PIC, there is a section that is given to the student as the temporary card.

If the shop used PIC on-line, they can print out a temporary card as soon as the PIC is processed. This is pretty instant.

Either way, they can and in my opinion should have, given you a temporary card that is valid for 90 days.

I certified at a Padi shop last September and was given a temp card until mine came in. It was just something printed from his email or Padi's site or something that he signed.

Slimey has it right. I got the same piece of paper. You do need a jpeg photo to go with the paperwork, and the shop may not have the photo capabilities. As far as Hawaii goes, almost all (if not all) on the Big Island are PADI shops and can look up your records for you. Aloha...

It is PADI standards that the certifying instructor sign logbooks - period. Also as stated above if they used the old paper PIC form to send in your certification you would have needed to supply a photo AND signed the PIC form with a tear off temp card. The newer system is done electronically, but you would still need to supply a photo - digital - and the instructor would print AND sign a temp card at the same time with your photo on it. If you missed a step in either scenario, best to contact PADI directly to make sure you are in the system.

Good Luck

These days almost all PADI instructors are doing thier certs on line and printing out a temp card (Page) as soon as they are done. You should have been asked for a picture or most likely these days the instructor just takes one of you and processes it with the other docs on line. If this has not been done I would be concerned if I was going to travel soon. It's so easy these days, there really is no excuse for them to delay. You should ask for your temp card whether it has been done on line or snail mail way, either way, you should have a card in your hand upon completion. If any issues just call PADI and explain while you are standing in the shop. They may want to talk to them.....

I would insist on the temp card, can't imagine any (good) reason why they shouldn't give you one. I would also get in touch with the instructor and get your training dives signed off as some backup proof should you ever need it.

It's true any PADI shop should be able to look you up if you're in the system. But I think of that more as a backup for a lost/forgotten card, not a reason to punt on a physical card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom