TERRIBLE diver trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very nice, but I don't get the point. When you're drifting with current trim isn't a concern. Of course it's not DIR ... it's not PADI either ... it's not even scuba ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

So trim is no concern when you are drifting. I was under the impression that many people felt it was important all the time.. even ascending and descending if I read Scubaboard correctly..

So trim is no concern when you are drifting. I was under the impression that many people felt it was important all the time.. even ascending and descending if I read Scubaboard correctly..

... it matters when you're trying to move through the water ... because bad trim causes you to have to work harder, which increases your work load and therefore your air consumption (among other things).

When you're moving with the water ... who cares ... you're just another piece of flotsam going with the flow.

I daresay when this gentleman is doing one of his long free-dives, proper trim is among his primary concerns ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

... it matters when you're trying to move through the water ... because bad trim causes you to have to work harder, which increases your work load and therefore your air consumption (among other things).

When you're moving with the water ... who cares ... you're just another piece of flotsam going with the flow.

And when the flotsam hits an obstruction .......
splat.gif

Damn. Facing backwards = bad trim.

Last edited:
Walking on the coral . . .tsk tsk tsk

Ouch! - fire coral, Ouch! - urchin, Ouch! - stone fish.....

somewhat jealous - I wish I had better free diving skills........

It is great fun to do a drift dive in some unique orientation. I've done it many times and, at the rate he seems to be moving, I'd be doing somersaults. Check out this fun dive on the Carib Dancer last year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6B8q64-vDA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom