testing new BP/W system in pool before trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
...When I rinse the inside of my bladder I always add a cap full of mouthwash. Helps control bacteria.

Thanks for the tip Kraken on the mouthwash. Beats having to spend $5 for those BC cleaners not to mention fresh breath! Using the minty version of course :biggrin2:

diver371:
Hey all,

I am planning to buy my new BP/W set (Halcyon Eclipse with 6#SS plate) in a diving exhibition on Tuesday. Should I rent a tank and weights and test out my gear in the pool so that I can get an idea of the weight I'll be needing on my next dive trip?

Does the weight belt need to be positioned a bit higher? Do I have to extend my legs/arms?

I keep reading about diving with your head down. Can someone clarify what that really means and what it's effects are?

Regards,

Jalal

Testing your equipments in a controlled environment (pool) prior to going to the open sea is always a good thing. Other than finding the right weight distribution, you get the chance to get use to the new setup.

To share my experience, I place 2 trim weight pockets on the tank cam strap. This helps me stay vertical comfortably on the surface. Adding a cotch strap helps with the stability too.

I tried all these and fine tune things a bit in the pool. Didn't have to worry about not know my equipment when I go OPEN WATER.

wunat:
Testing your equipments in a controlled environment (pool) prior to going to the open sea is always a good thing. Other than finding the right weight distribution, you get the chance to get use to the new setup.

To share my experience, I place 2 trim weight pockets on the tank cam strap. This helps me stay vertical comfortably on the surface. Adding a cotch strap helps with the stability too.

I tried all these and fine tune things a bit in the pool. Didn't have to worry about not know my equipment when I go OPEN WATER.

How much weight do you use on those trim pockets? Also, do you use a BP/Wing setup? If so, AL or SS?

Back
Top Bottom