***thailand 2006***

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for being away awhile...

Just a quick reminder if you gang needs any info for Phuket, please just holler or pm me. I live and work there since 2001, and will be happy to help suggest or organize diving and occommodation. I am planning a shore dive fest for Chinese New Year, first & second week of February... I'm working on getting a daytrip and liveaboard package together, so drop me a line you are planning to be there during that time. You can save a few bucks and we'll organize pretty much everything already...

Go Diving!

Hey who moved this thread?
I thought it was in the SINGLES FORUM.
How come there is nothing in the singles forum saying it was moved?

what happened, went looking for it and found it was moved. Move it back this is a singles trip.

thien:
Sorry for being away awhile...

Just a quick reminder if you gang needs any info for Phuket, please just holler or pm me. I live and work there since 2001, and will be happy to help suggest or organize diving and occommodation. I am planning a shore dive fest for Chinese New Year, first & second week of February... I'm working on getting a daytrip and liveaboard package together, so drop me a line you are planning to be there during that time. You can save a few bucks and we'll organize pretty much everything already...

Go Diving!
Hey Thien,
I have a few people interested in coming to Thailand with me to dive. I think they would be more interested in day trips so that we can still do some sightseeing in the evenings.
Where are the dives sights that you go to? Right in Phuket?
Also would you be able to help arrange hotels too.
Would this be right on the beach?
Is Feb. a good time to go diving in Thailand?
Let me know K?
---------------
Karen

Sheesh, just booked my tickets today for Thailand 2005. Leaving on 14 oct and back on 28th. I'll post pics though when I get back.

Scuba.ksue:
Where are the dives sights that you go to? Right in Phuket?
Also would you be able to help arrange hotels too.
Would this be right on the beach?
Is Feb. a good time to go diving in Thailand?
Let me know K?
---------------
Karen

Hi Karen,

We cover diving from Hin Muang in Krabi Province to the Similans National Marine Park near Burma, that's almost 100 dive sites :10: However, depending on how much time you have, I'll recommend the best spots to fit your travel time.

With January to April are the best diving time for the Andaman Sea, you will have lots of options, from day trip, overnight diving excursion and 2-3 days liveaboards to the Marine Park. So, if you can, plan about 5-7 days of diving to get the most out of Phuket.

We have a great contract with a local owned hotel right on the beach. http://www.phuketdir.com/katasunbeach/
And we also can recommend our favorites locally, so once you have a budget plan, let me know and I will send you the info... :crafty:

I am waiting for the boat operators to post their 2006 trip schedule, should be in a couple more weeks. Then will finalize the special package rate for the Dive Fest... Will keep you posted!

I would be interested in considering this trip. Would prefer liveaboard (they are indeed awesome), with a couple days before and after for sightseeing. Time of year is rough for me, anytime after July is usually good (first March-June is tough), December is tough (from a work standpoint). With that said depending on when, I might be able to get some time in late April.

I was in Thailand, Bangkok Area, for work in 1998, and really did not have the opportunity to get down to where the diving is, and I would love to go if the timeframe and price works out.

Pleae Keep me posted.

Almost time to go! Need some dive shop advice in Phuket.... Almost cancelled because of the bird flu but decided that I would go anyway.... We will be leaving Houston on April 12th returning from Phuket on April 28th. Places where we will be staying and would like to dive are:

Rimkok Resort Muang District, Chiang Rai
Chiang Mai Plaza Hotel Chiang Mai
Holiday Inn Silom Bangrak, Bankok
Novotel Resort Phuket Patong Phuket, Thailand

Been there, done that... amd would love to do "it" again!

Keep in mind that dive sites in the Gulf and those in the Andaman Sea have different monsoon seasons. Need to plan the trip to fall in the dry season if you can (although we're getting wet anyway).

I enjoyed Koh Tao (Gulf)... basic diving and too many divers at too few sites but a great introduction to diving Thailand. I absolutely loved Koh Phi Phi and would go back there just to help the economy of that beautiful tsunami-devasted island. I'd of course be interested in liveaboards to the Similans and Mergui Archipelago (OK, not really Thailand) if I went back.

im going to kohtao and koh phangan in February, a week at each island. i arrive in Tao on 9th Feb and Phangan on 16 feb. im going to be staying in beach bungalows just laying in my hammock, reading, eating snorkeling and the occasional dive. its actually half the price of a trip to Australia (thats why i cancelled my ningaloo trip) and i get to stop in Bangkok and Hong kong on the way. I got a great deal on Cathay Pacific.
i cant wait till the 4th Feb. The beach bungalows are on sai thong beach (private & secluded) on tao and haad salaad on phangan with nice reefs nearby and far away from the madness of backpacker heaven (haad rin) look up www.saithongresort.com and www.kohphangan.com/asia

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom