Thanks count in decline... what gives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

don't know, I tried to give someone thanks yesterday and it told me I did not have the access to use that function.

That used to happen to me all the time! I did post a note about it, but not sure I understood have of what was posted. I went to the default setting for the forum and haven't had a problem thanking since. I'm not sure what style you are using, but try default if you want to thank people in threads/posts.

None of your "pearls of wisdom" have been deleted since August 1st. (that's as far as I checked)

What TC posted is possible.

So anyway...
post_thanks1.gif
for all you do.

Bill,

I never took back a thanks from you, but could I have that twenty dollars back I gave you?

Thanks for that useful post, Drbill. I may remove that later, though.

Tom and Steve, I had considered the possibility of a thread being pulled but my understanding was that didn't affect one's post count and assumed it didn't affect one's thanks count as well.

This actually was a serious question, so the additional posts were seen as quite amusing. I should thank all of you for boosting my count up... but I'm too lazy this morning. Maybe it is related to age... or not enough coffee in my system yet.

Tom and Steve, I had considered the possibility of a thread being pulled but my understanding was that didn't affect one's post count and assumed it didn't affect one's thanks count as well.
Some clarification:

If a thread is pulled, it gets stored in a non-public area of SB. So your post count and Thanks count stay intact. I just pulled this thread temporarily in back and nothing changed in your counts.

If a post of yours is deleted from SB, your Post count will go down. But the Thanks stay the same - I just tested it with a dummy account.

In order for your Thanks count to have declined, it appears that someone removed their Thanks. :11:

So if Rick doesn't get his $20, you may see a further decline in your Thanks count...:rofl3:

A long as you stay on my good side, I will let you keep the thanks Dr. Bill :)

Very interesting. Thanks, Steve. I was told a few years ago by one of the mods that deleted posts did not affect your post count. At least that's what I remember, but memory is one of the first things to go. Interesting. I'll have to choose my words... and my battles... more carefully in the future!

By the way, can one of you mods delete about 16,000 of Dandy Don's posts so I can catch up with him. I didn't think so.

Back
Top Bottom