Thanks for a great forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubble&Squeak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All,

I got certified as a junior back in 2004 and dove a few times until 2006, then had a massive break until recently when I started free diving and realised how much I missed scuba.

Found this forum and lurked for a while, loved it and decided to join up to be able to ask questions and get more involved.

Looking to do a lot more diving around the East Coast of Australia and hopefully in Europe and the Americas next year. Have done about 30 dives in the past 5 months around the Whitsundays and want to explore Sydney next and do some courses/specialties to broaden my horizons.

Thanks to everyone who has unknowingly educated me already through your contributions.
Hope you're all loving life, take it easy.

Welcome to SB... and welcome back to diving!

Yeah, SB is the best. And I've checked out all the others over the years.

Welcome to SB and welcome back to Diving!
Sydney is a wonderful spot - for diving, as well as visiting :) I am utterly and completely in love with this city. Underwater, as well as up top :) Let me know if you'd like some company for Sydney shenanigans. Always happy to help to the best of my abilities :)

K.

howdy and welcome from south Florida USA......

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Koalaroo, where abouts do you dive? Organised company/club dives or just whenever buddies are free? It is a good spot, been living here for a few years now but leaving middle of next year so want to explore what I've been missing underwater while I still can!

Keen to do some wreck dives in the future.

I am just now very slowly starting to find and build a network of dive buddies since it's been so recently that I have gotten certified.
Whenever I have a free day, and no dive buddy, I just book one of the shore dives led by the Diveshop with which I got certified (Dive Center Manly).

Diving in Sydney: Fairybower/Shelly Beach are kind of a Must. Absolutely beautiful dive site, and thus far my favourite go-to - granted, I have little to no experience.

I highly recommend this site for dive sites: Michael McFadyen's Scuba Diving Web Site

And I highly recommend joining https://www.facebook.com/groups/scubadivesydney/ :)

Also, I've been looking into: Sydney Sea Slug Census II | Underwater Research Group of New South Wales to do on November 19th - still looking for a Dive Buddy who's been to Bare Island though, since I am not confident enough to go itno a divesite I have not been before with someone else who hasn't been :wink:

Anyway :)
I'm always happy to go for a dip :)

Cool thanks, nice to meet you.

Yeah I've been checking Pro Dive Manly and Abyss out, my brother has done a shore dive with Abyss and enjoyed himself, pretty cheap if you have your own gear apparently.

I've snorkelled Fairlight, lots to see out that way! And I've done a lap around Bare Island snorkelling as well, looks cool, was nice but at the time had a painful freezing cold layer starting a few metres down.
But there was something on the bottom I couldn't make out and I had to get down there so I kept diving through it....it was a roll of paper from a parking meter. Not worth it.

Sea slug census seems fun, I hope their computer system can handle it :p

Welcome to SB. A great place to be and learn. Don't be afraid to speak up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom