Thanks in advance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sebagolizzy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I recently joined the board to have access to the broad knowledge and experience I've been reading as I browse the forums. My husband, my 3 teens and I are looking for the optimal place to dive and/or snorkel with pelagics in August. My two boys and husband have 30+ dives experience throughout the Caribbean and my daughter (12) will be certified next month. I have some health problems that need to get sorted out before I can dive. We love to snorkel as much as we love diving and have spent hours in the water in Belize, Honduras, Bonaire, USVI and Puerto Rico.
My oldest is going off to study marine biology in college next year and we're hoping for a memorable send off trip. I'm sure to be posting questions and I thank you in advance for your help.

Welcome to the board!

Joe

In my opinion, a great, affordable place for a family of 5 to dive is the Bahamas. Great shark dives, dolphin dives, a few good wrecks, nice reefs, etc. I've dove in the Bahamas with UNEXSO a few times and would certainly recommend them.

Another option would be Hawaii, although the airfare alone for a family of 5 would be steep.

A dream for me would be the Galapagos....how would you feel about a liveaboard?

smilies-2351.png

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help...??

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:

There are any number of places where you can find Pelagic experiences during certain times of the year - just check the migratory habits of the particular species you prefer and pray for nice weather. I'm inclined to suggest the areas around Costa Rica for Hammerheads, Manta Rays and an occasional (frequent) Great White.

Thanks for the welcome. We have frequent flyer tickets on hold for an open jaw trip to Mexico (riviera and then to cabo). Were thinking about Holbox and then Cabo Pulmo. I'd welcome any thoughts. I posted a question about CP on the mexico forum, but no response yet. Sorry if I'm breaking protocol!

Welcome!
Where did you get the sebago in your name.....Is it a certain lake north of you?
have fun,
-Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom