Thanksgiving Week Specials

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbone1004

Mr Speed Nuts
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Seems like most of the world is extending Black Friday to be a full week affair but the Excursion computer is on sale right now for a screaming price. I've been diving the beta firmware for technical diving which should be out soon but right now it's $300 for something comparable to a Peregrine and @LandonL and team should have the firmware out by the end of the year which is super exciting.
Great sale on the custom cut Makara and the X Series regulators too which will hopefully help some people out.

Seems like most of the world is extending Black Friday to be a full week affair but the Excursion computer is on sale right now for a screaming price. I've been diving the beta firmware for technical diving which should be out soon but right now it's $300 for something comparable to a Peregrine and @LandonL and team should have the firmware out by the end of the year which is super exciting.
Great sale on the custom cut Makara and the X Series regulators too which will hopefully help some people out.
That X Series looks great. Does anyone know if the Signature color kits will fit the X? My wife would love it in the pink.

Erik

The color kits will fit.

The color kits will fit.
Thanks for the news Landon. Can you folks put it on for me as well, and, if so, how much would that cost? I can never get the cover back on straight, lol.
Either way, I'll place the order as soon as I hear back.

And yet again, why I continue to be a Deep6 fan!

@tbone1004 All Excursion dive computers will ship with new Tech Lite firmware beginning Friday. I am going to try to prep an android APK for current owners and post to the website - but it will come with some notices (new log format - will delete all old logs, etc). Also no iOS app yet, because of security restrictions.

I've had my eye on this for a while. Just ordered as a Christmas gift for my 12 year old son, who is obsessed with freediving and spearfishing (and soon, I hope, SCUBA).

I'm reading the manual, and it's God awful. I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out with watch in hand, but just reading the manual is absolutely useless. I don't understand why companies (not picking on Deep6 in particular; they almost all do it) spend millions on development but don't spend the few thousand dollars it would cost for a secondary translation from Chinese to English.

I've had my eye on this for a while. Just ordered as a Christmas gift for my 12 year old son, who is obsessed with freediving and spearfishing (and soon, I hope, SCUBA).

I'm reading the manual, and it's God awful. I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out with watch in hand, but just reading the manual is absolutely useless. I don't understand why companies (not picking on Deep6 in particular; they almost all do it) spend millions on development but don't spend the few thousand dollars it would cost for a secondary translation from Chinese to English.
There will be a rewrite of that. Did you see the awesome rewrite of the regulator servicing manual by @rsingler?

There will be a rewrite of that. Did you see the awesome rewrite of the regulator servicing manual by @rsingler?
I just looked up the regulator manual. This is excellent. I look forward to seeing the updated computer manual (and getting the computer, which just shipped a little while ago!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom