The All Inclusive SCUBA Tattoo Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have 3 tattoos, 2 of which are marine-related. The are all strategically placed and tastefully done. I have 2 dolphins swimming in a circle making the yin/yang on my left hip/buttcheek; a mermaid with a dolphin swimming around her on my back/shoulder; and Thumper (the bunny) is on my stomach jumping into my pants.:tease: I used to have one on my thigh but had to have it lasered off due to an ink (nickel) allergy. That was most painful!;-0 :

ohh yea baby,, i got all my scuba tattoos

i have 2 seals on a rock..
i have dive flag with a bull dog in center with the words scuba Diver around it
i have a diver vs shark

currently working on a king neptune design tattoo...

ohhh yea i love it , and chicks dig it too !!!!

yea i'm a donor and when i die, my tattoo parts are up for auction :) start your bidding now

I've got a Wolf's head on my left shoulder, but I want sharks on my legs and back and my right arm. Not big ones. The one I have was done in Hawaii in 1989 while in the Navy. Alot of people are really impressed by it.

The guy that did it called it my "Spiritual Guardian".:D

Originally posted by jashanley
Side question: How many people have a scuba related tattoo?

I can virtually guarantee that I will get more tattoos. [15 minutes in if you asked I would have said no, but 45 minutes in my answer had already changed].

I can't see myself ever getting a picture or a word or anything like that... it's just not my style, but I probably will end up with one that was based off something diving or nautical related, but you'd probably never know in the end! (Who would guess my first design originally started as the yin-yang in the korean flag?)

I've got a non-scuba one of a raven flying by a blue moon on my right upper arm, but my next is more nautical.

It's abstract, inspired by Maori ta moko, and uses a heavy dose of traditional south pacific wave motifs. It's going to be an arm band, but I haven't yet decided if it'll go above or below my left elbow.

After that... I dunno. I draw all my own, so I'll have to see what I come up with next. I wouldn't be suprised if I'm inspired while diving though.

Originally posted by ChicagoMermaid
Thumper (the bunny) is on my stomach jumping into my pants.:tease:

Reminds me of one I'm sorry I saw years ago on a surfer who was pretty public about changing into his wetsuit. Elmer Fudd was tattooed on his bum, pointing his shotgun where the sun don't shine. A cartoon word balloon said, "Get outta' dare, you wascally wabbit!"

Does Lydia read the board? If she does she might not be terribly pleased with you just now. For those interested in actually hearing it performed Robim Williams does a small part of it in an odd ball movie the title of which I'm not bringing to mind just now (the Fisher King?), but Groucho Marx sings the entire song on a train in At the Circus. It's a fun song, but I've yet to meet a Lydia who agrees.

i am planning to get one as soon as im old enough, but in a place that will not always be seen, like the small of my back. my dad however has one the covers his whole calf, its a tropical scene with a turtle, and an island with palm trees. there is also a marlin jumping out of the water, and the sun is setting in the background. he has one on his shoulder, and its a dolphin with a diver holding on to its fin with bubbles. there both pretty cool. i think that tattoos can be pretty cool if they are in the right place and are appropriate. :)

Kayla:)

Kayla,

Dee said it best, "I have always been interested in tattoos and started seriously considering getting one in my twenties. I thought about it, waiting for that temporary feeling to pass. It never did. I didn't get my first one untill I was 38 yrs. old and totally sure I wanted to permanently mark by body."

My suggestion is not to get one "as soon as im old enough." Instead, wait awhile. Remember this is permanent. I know several people who've regretted getting tattoos. If you wait until you're sure; there will be no regrets later. Dee is a wonderful friend with her head on straight. She likes her tattoos. Tattoos are perfect for people, like her, who will not change their minds later. They are not usually a good choice for a spur of the moment decision or for people who've just reached legal age. You can always decide to get a tattoo later. Removing it is very painful and very expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom