the art of nudibranch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina:
I have selected this image because it isn't an ID shot etc and his rhinos/gills aren't razor sharp but to me it already had that kind of surreal, abstract feeling to it. The original is sharper, but not perfect.

I am trying to create some images to compliment the drawings my sister does from my images - recently in coloured pencil - so nice and soft but wonderfully evocative, sea-dreamy, escapist.

I also have some that I am using as sharp contrast to hers - reality versus perception. Those are the sharper photographic images.

This is something very different for me, getting more in creative art from an image rather than photo first then art - if that makes sense...maybe i am just rambling! It's all learning!

Keep the comments coming, this is great to hear what others see!

Opps! did see this till after I sharpend it up. Sorry.

justleesa:
Opps! did see this till after I sharpend it up. Sorry.

No problem...I really liked to see what you did! What do you think of the image now that you have read the other post? What would you do now? The same thing?

OK...going for artsy here.
I sharpened the nudi so there will be more details once I used teh cutout filter. I also altered the backgound so it won't take away from the nudi. I also posted my other try in a previous post.

The shot does very little for me. First off it is a "butt shot". A butt shot never works with fish and I don't think it works well with nudi's either. Secondly there is too much color going on. The nudi is lost in the suttounding coloration. Lastly it does not seem as sharp as it could be.

I've seen many shots of this species and it is extremely photogenic I just don't think you captured it well here.

DSDO

Alan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom