The best stand alone Pressure Gauge?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

limeyx:
Interesting :)

Didn't you say this in an earlier post ?

I prefer Brass/Glass on my tech rig for my backgas. For my deco and stage regs I prefer plastic to keep it light and not as nose heavy unless I'm going below 300' then I will have all brass/glass on my stage regs so I dont have the needle "pinned" by the pressure.

Yes I did. All my plastic are the same, all my metal are the same. When I go the way I prefer (for shallow stuff) all my stage/deco bottle have the same gauge(and 1st stage, second stage), the only difference is the brass/glass I use for backgas. When playing deeper I will have all the same brass/glass stage.

The key here is to be used to the face and needle position so that when I do look at them it is for a split second, not an effort to read the gauge. If every gauge has a different face it becomes more of a conscious act to read them which is not ideal.

Make sense?

tribaltim:
I am in the market for a Pressure Gauge now that I have a D6. I was wondering if their is one that just seems to stick out.

Also does anyone make a digital Pressure Gauge? (Single Console)

Thanks Tim

Here's the best pressure gauge and a real steal at $60 + shipping :wink:
normal_IMG_1674.jpg

brass & glass, 2" diameter, 100 psi increments, no red zone.

In point of fact, it's identical to most of the other ones out there that are made in Italy (Halcyon, OMS, TDL, Salvo, etc).

It's a nice guage. Just didn't work for me.

I don't like how "dirty" the face looks, possibly I'm used to the bright look of Oceanic gauges....

It's a great gauge however.

cerich:
Yes I did. All my plastic are the same, all my metal are the same. When I go the way I prefer (for shallow stuff) all my stage/deco bottle have the same gauge(and 1st stage, second stage), the only difference is the brass/glass I use for backgas. When playing deeper I will have all the same brass/glass stage.

The key here is to be used to the face and needle position so that when I do look at them it is for a split second, not an effort to read the gauge. If every gauge has a different face it becomes more of a conscious act to read them which is not ideal.

Make sense?

Kinda -- you just seemed to contradict yourself.

From my point of view, I would try to keep them all such that any can be used on backgas or a stage/deco bottle -- that way I can swap them around if I need to. Same for regs etc.

I have it, I love it, just don't know how to put it on. Is it Dive-Rite?

why do some people prefer glass over plastic?

cerich:
I don't like how "dirty" the face looks, possibly I'm used to the bright look of Oceanic gauges....

It's a great gauge however.

Yeah that, and it also has a nasty combination of those 3 letters in there as well, I would never buy one of those just because of that! :D

I have had the Scubapro, OMS and DR brass/glass gauges and ever since I picked up one of the Scubapro mini gauges I would never go back to the full size ones.

yea, thats what I am replacing, reads 300 psi high for about a year.

cerich:

Make sense?
excellent point! in top of that i like to have an accurate gauge - means it says 900psi, my tank has 900psi (use any other number you like). unfortunately i came across alot of gauges that give you more of a ballpark figure.

Back
Top Bottom