Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Oceanic

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • other

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I totally agree about the service. I've had Odins come in where some tech actually put the valve insert (the condom) back in, inside out. Also, now that Trellenborg Viking has taken over the distribution of Poseidons, they are requiring past dealers to fork out another 1500 bux for stock to "show they are serious about the dealership". Many dive shops who were Poseidon dealers are selling off their stock and going to other regulators for sales.

Luckily for me I acquired lots of cyklon parts from one of these disgruntled dealers. Too bad I only have Odins.

We all know about trying to get parts to do the regs our selves... don't we.

Conch once bubbled...
I totally agree about the service.

I notice you are in the Keys. Quiescence on Key Largo has an excellent Poseidon guy if you ever have the need. For any scuba equipment service they are the best game in town (including in-house hydros).

Tom

Not any more. Quiescience is one of the shops that won't be dealing with the new distributors of Poseidon. Paul (at Quiescience) sold off his Odin inventory to some shop in southern FLA, I got the Cyklon stuff from Paul.

You are right, for Poseidon work it was THE place to go. Heck, for any reg repairs it was the place to go if you needed parts.

Paul and I worked on a continuous blend nitrox system for Tavernier Dive Center before I moved north. I don't know if Mike at TDC finally installed it on his compressor, he was waiting to have one rebuilt just for that purpose.

Conch once bubbled...
I totally agree about the service. I've had Odins come in where some tech actually put the valve insert (the condom) back in, inside out. Also, now that Trellenborg Viking has taken over the distribution of Poseidons, they are requiring past dealers to fork out another 1500 bux for stock to "show they are serious about the dealership".

Viking lets the LDS stock their products too to come up to the $1500 level. My LDS started stocking the X-treme drysuits to make his number and they have sold quite well. It's a good entry level drysuit for those who can't or won't step up to the Oceanic or DUI's he sells.

I'm glad he decided to step up. He does great service work and I would hate to have to go find a new place for service.

Ty

tchil01 once bubbled...
Viking lets the LDS stock their products too to come up to the $1500 level

That's actually really interesting to know. My LDS was psyched when I told him about the posidon price drop, and he looked into it and confirmed they dropped to reasonable levels. However when he looked into it further he learned of the $1500 level and he just doesn't turn over enough inventory to handle that.

He did mention that parts kits were included... I'll have to tell him about the drysuit connection as well, but I don't know what sort of deal he has with Bare [which is all he carries].

I never had any work done there but I hacve dived with them. 9/2 PM to the SG as a matter of fact.

Tom

Missed you by "that much". lol I dove w/them on 9/2 also. Wait...What dive did you go out? I was on the 7 no wait, 7:30, no 8, I wish 8:30am dive. We had to wait until 8:30 because some one couldn't get out of bed & on the docks before 8am. But All in all, was a good trip. I stayed there Fri - Mon & got 3 trips to Spiegel in.

gedunk once bubbled...
IMO, if you have the money, buy Poseidon, any model, but i prefer the Odin or Thor if they still make it.

One other possible downside, although i've never experienced this, if the Poseidons freeflow, they will drain your tank(s) in a big hurry!

Heck yeah! I love my Poseidon! I had the misfortune of using my friends ScubaPro S600 for awhile...bleh. Not fun at all. I've got the Odin as well, and I hope they never quit making them.

You're right though, about them draining your tanks if they free flow - I've never had one free flow on me, but I know they way they purge is just ridiculous - they dump air like mad...if it were a free flow I could see it going quick.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom