The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had a treat yesterday....

mantak1.jpg

Wilhelmina took this one:
mantaw4.jpg

Not bad for a camera noob!

Otherwise, we've had pretty good water... 83ish, vis has been good 60 to 70 feet, sometimes more and generally calm.

mantak1.jpg

mantaw4.jpg

Otherwise, we've had pretty good water... 83ish, vis has been good 60 to 70 feet, sometimes more and generally calm.

WOW And I thought we had a great dive Sunday with the big friendly loggerhead but the Manta wins AWESOME This is going to be a great FALL Now tell Wilhelmina to start thinking "Whale shark"!

As a recipient of snorkeling with the Manta, all I can say is thanks to Kev. The Manta was just outside the Boynton inlet and Kev interupted the trip to give us all several encounters before continuing the trip. And some trip it was, 95 minutes at Horseshoe Reef and then 90 minutes on the ocean side of the reef just south of Horseshoe. A Manta encounter and 3 hours of great reef diving with Underwater Explorers, what a great way to spend Monday morning and early afternoon.

Good diving, Craig

As a recipient of snorkeling with the Manta, all I can say is thanks to Kev. The Manta was just outside the Boynton inlet and Kev interupted the trip to give us all several encounters before continuing the trip. And some trip it was, 95 minutes at Horseshoe Reef and then 90 minutes on the ocean side of the reef just south of Horseshoe. A Manta encounter and 3 hours of great reef diving with Underwater Explorers, what a great way to spend Monday morning and early afternoon.

Good diving, Craig

Says he who had a loggerhead turtle swimming with him make that directly under him on Sunday. Now that was a great reef encounter I call priceless & unfortunately pictureless except for one dark blurry one of the turtle & your reel

P9270795.jpg

P9270805.jpg

Hey D2Diver,

It was great meeting and diving with you on Sunday. No one was more surprised than me when the big turtle emerged from beneath me, between my legs. Initially, I was wondering what you were pointing at.

I actually had 4 great days and 12 wonderful dives with Underwater Explorers. It started off with 2 fabulous night dives on Friday, 1st a drift at Club House then an incredible dive on the Captain Tony. Over the next 3 days did 9 more reef dives (average bottom time 77 minutes) and a very memorable dive on the M/V Castor. The Goliath Grouper were still there and I spent the whole time interacting with some of the 40 or so that were hanging around. I left yesterday but took a whole load of great memories with me. I'm already busy scheming on a return trip.

Good diving, Craig

VOTE FOR KEVIN METZ FOR SOUTH FLORIDA DIVE PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR:
Dive Chronicles Magazine - Dive Shows - Learn to Dive

mantak1.jpg

mantaw4.jpg

WOW! What a great experience. I need to see one some day.

Tell Wil it was a good shot.

How was today!?! I dove Jupiter today (First time in 8 weeks!!) and it was great! I need to get some time off arranged and get down there with you guys.

OK AWESOME PIC's KEV!!!! All my gear is going to be here next Wednesday :) and its on!! HAHA Beautiful thread by the way. I'm going to be checking in regularly now. Hi guys, I'm Maya....Whats this about voting for you? Fill me in guys.....

I heard Force-E has a permit for a night dive tonight.. 6:30ish? You all may want to give them a call if you can make it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom