The coldest mini season ever...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

showboat once bubbled...
SNIP...Lot and lots of bugs out there right MikeJ :eek:ut: /QUOTE]... OK you're going to lord this over me, aren't you?

We did six dives (12 total) since the start of the season. The bug equipment and tanks for the first dive cost about $100 (maybe there was something else in there, I don't recall). I figure the rest of the tanks and the boat we did today cost another $225 including tips. There was one other, ah, "miscellaneous" expense we won't go into... it was considerable.

So, what's our ROI? Well, we ended up with three bugs... a bit over $100 per tail. BUT we had a blast.:angry: and made a lotta new friends.

BTW, the water was 86 degrees and visability this afternoon had to be more than 50'. Awesome day!

Scubaroo once bubbled...
hehehe a GPS and a fast offshore boat could fix that :eek:ut:

But whether it would be worth the gas is another question.

That was my thought exactly Scub...but I don't think any of us had a GPS, at least not that I saw. It was in Cay Sal Bank, so its pretty close to Cuba and probably not worth the run.

MikeJacobs once bubbled...
[/B]/QUOTE]... OK you're going to lord this over me, aren't you?

There was one other, ah, "miscellaneous" expense we won't go into... it was considerable.

So, what's our ROI? Well, we ended up with three bugs... a bit over $100 per tail. BUT we had a blast.:angry: and made a lotta new friends.

Mike, with all that expense, maybe we all should have gotten everyone together at Sea Watch or Red Lobster for Lobster tail dinners and drinks.

I also had to spend about $100 just for a new primary light and a new net to catch our dinners, but still had a good 2 nights out bagging our dinners....

Just when you think you have a hot spot, everyone else already new about them ;-0

Got to go back there in a few weeks when its the mau=in season again or I know of another spot we can try for bugs.

:wacko: :doctor: :boom:

Just when you think you have a hot spot, everyone else already new about them
So that *spot* they were all gone? You know the one- the one where we made you sign the letter of secrecy! LOL
I didn't get out, so I am really hoping ya'll saved some for me come regular season!
I be ready!
:j

With all the assistance you have given me this year, just pick a date and I will check you out in a Dry Suit for free. Then, you can tolerate those frigid Florida temperatures!. If it gets too warm, just unzip.

The dry suit just got put ahead of the double E8-130s as far as need is concerned. I think DUI is the way to go... know any dealers? Quick before I warm up!!! :tease:

50 degrees and I'm diving dry.

Hell, I get out my drysuit when the water goes below 70F or so. I own the silly thing, so why not use it?

I HATE being cold. Absolutely hate it.

MikeJacobs once bubbled...
The ones left were either too small or so freaked out that they stayed wwwaaaayyy out of sight. Two had no antennae left. It was as like my office at 3:00 Friday afternoon out there.

Not only that, but they had their TV's up and running on channel 7 and when the Lobsters heard they were going to be caught to be eaten, they all headed to Bimini for their summer vacations.

:wink: :eek:ut: :boom:

Jenny what spot are you referring to, I have seemed to forget at my old age of 110

The spot that we dove that one night where we counted 20 in a row!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom